How can I improve my iPhone's battery life?
A recent research conducted on cellphones (smartphones) revealed that most of your battery life is drained by "Internet" and "calls". The more you use your phone for any of these two, the faster your battery drains. Next on the list is "Search for network" which consumes quite a bit of your battery power.
Smaller culprits are WiFi, Bluetooth, Screen brightness, themes, Vibration, etc.
* Reduce screen brightness to minimum
* turn off WiFi/3G/4G when not required (same with Bluetooth)
* if you are out of network area, turn off the mobile network so you cell doesn't keep searching for a network.
* If possible reduce internet usage on your cell phone to improve battery life (ie. if you have a laptop handy, use it!)
* Use a darker wallpaper
* Vibration takes up more battery than ringtones
* use a simple theme
* Dont keep your cell phone charging for long periods (eg. overnight)
* If you plan to buy a new battery, buy a branded authentic one
Hope this helped, thanks for using FixYa!
Apr 11, 2011 |
Apple Cell Phones