Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
The waste tank was full and has been emptied and cleaned (felt etc), but i now need the reset code to make the wordprocessor operate
Canon GENERIC "S" SERIES RESET CODE
Waste Ink Counter Reset.
(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in
succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will "reset"
or move momentarily. If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp
will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM - Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
5. Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point - However it is best leave them unaltered - After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2010 | Canon MultiPASS MP370 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 24, 2010 | Canon BubleJet i965 InkJet Printer
Sep 26, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Aug 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX1500v Printer
Apr 14, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
Dec 15, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 03, 2007 | Cannon MULTIPASS C530 Printer
207 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!