The game is not compatible with your graphics card
I have installed a game on my PC. When i tried to run it, the following message appears".... is not compatible with your graphics card. Query file read me where are the supported cards" is there another solution than to change the graphic card?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: The game is not compatible with your graphics card
Well there is a possible solution but it is a little tiresome.
1) Install VirtualBox
2) Create a new virtual machine
3) Install your Operating System on the New Virtual Machine
This invalidates your license unless you have multiple licenses available to you - but I am sure if this works you will buy another license
4) VirtualBox will emulate a differnt Video Card... although it may still not be compatible and if it is compatible it may not be powerful enough to support the game anyway. -- but you never know and all this does is take a little time and costs you nothing
5) Install your game
6) Cross your fingers....
If this does not work - you will have to purchase a different Video Card - Go for an nVidia card - keep away from ATIs
Please remember to vote if this is of help to you!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Download binkw32.dll from link and save it to your Hard Drive. 2. Copy binkw32.dll file to C:/windows/system32 3. Overwrite if asking. 4. If you still getting error - copy the dll file also to your software/game folder. http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?binkw32 scroll down and click DOWNLOAD ZIP-FILE
However, here are the few tips:
- Try to update the drivers for the graphic card or re-install the drivers for the graphics card.
- Try to run the game in compatibility mode.
Check the following link:
-hope the above information helps you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Graphics adapter its hardware device rather then software. You check whether all driver installed for you video card and DirectX9.0 installed too. It might that you poses old video on board card which doesnt support directX 9
The game you are trying to play does not support your graphics card or ther is a problem
with your graphics driver. To be sure, try uninstalling the graphics driver and then
reinstall it again. Then try to run your game again.
Also make sure that your antivirus is not blocking the games
Vista can be tricky with some installations even if the game says it's compatible. The first thing I would try is running the installation with escalated privelege. To do this follow these instructions...
1. When you insert the installation CD, an autorun screen will most likely pop up inviting you to install the game. Cancel this.
2. Go to my computer and right click on the drive that contains the installation CD. Choose 'explore'
3. A file list will appear listing the contents of the CD. Scroll through the list and locate the file that launches the installer. This may be called setup.exe or install.exe or something like that.
4. Right-click on the file and choose "run as administrator".
5. The installer should launch and hopefully the game will install OK.
If this does not work - you can also try updating your graphics card drivers. First - identify what type of graphics card you have. (right click the desktop - click on personalize - click on display settings (I think) - and note the name of the adapter. It will likely be either ATI Radeon or NVIdia GeForce with a number after it. Let me know what it is and I will get you the web address for your update.
Unfortunately, it sounds like you will need a new graphics card to run that game. Pixel shaders are built into the graphic card hardware and there is no way to download or install them. According to the games system requirements you need a 100% compatible Directx 9.0C card. If you post the make and model of your computer(or motherboard) I could recommend a card for you.