Question about Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Hi! This morning I was listening to an audio recording, using headphones (as usual for me), and then suddendly there was a crackling sound. I unplugged the headphones, thinking maybe something was wrong with the headphone input,but I still heard it until a few seconds later it stopped. Now, I have no sound from my headphones and my internal speakers. I performed diagnostic tests on the audio, and it failed the "Sound Playback Test". the error code was 4E63:061B. When I went to device manager, I found my audio device was working properly only I have absolutely no sound. I want to know:
1. What happened to my internal speakers and headphone input?
2. What solutions do I have?
3. If there are any cost-effective/cost-reducing things I can do, please let me know.I'd appreciate that greatly, and thank you for the help!
1. remove all external peripherals.
2. use the internal speakers
3. uninstall / reinstall the audio drivers
4. reboot system
5. if still hearing the crackling sound check if cracking sound can be heard only inside windows of even in the bios.
6. check bios hdd if in acoustic mode performance if yes then set it to normal.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2012 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Apr 01, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Jun 11, 2011 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Sep 15, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Jun 06, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Jul 01, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Dec 18, 2007 | Dell Inspiron™ E1505 PC Notebook
500 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: