Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1) there are many possibilities why your HP Pavilion monitor shuts right off
a) one possibility is software related , might be on the resolution
or the driver of the monitor.
b) might also be a hardware , an electronic component /circuit failure.
2) here is a link , for initial troubleshooting of your monitor might
help , try these:
3) if the initial troubleshooting still don't and still shuts right off
then you might need someone to help you, open the unit
and measure the power supply output voltages on the monitor,
these only applies if the problem is really the monitor.
4) if it is, saying that the computer turns on and presumed finished
booting, and running, using a flashlight pointed sideways you
can faintly see images then the backlight inverter circuits are not
5) there could be still other possibilities but a visual look and
voltage measurement inside the unit can properly diagnose
the circuit problem you are having.
6) inside the unit there are also possibilities some capacitor/s
or some transistor/s have failed.
7) have someone to help you measure voltages inside the unit
to be precise in isolating stages of which the system is failing.
8) in these case, a lot of care and safety is important, be cautious
on the voltages that might still be stored even there is no power
available., you can safely discharge the capacitors with at least
2.2K 5w resistor.
9) there is also a possibility of cold solder joints even when
some electronic parts are found/replaced and still not working.
10) two most possible causes are the psu and the inverter circuits
11) sometimes on the EEPROM too, refer first on step 2
hope i have helped you , thanks for using Fixya!
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
A possible problem on the video card or into your PC, first try to connect and test the lcd into other unit to test if the lcd ws still Okay..
Let me know
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2011 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Sep 03, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
May 12, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Apr 28, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Apr 27, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Mar 29, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" LCD Monitor
Mar 29, 2008 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Feb 16, 2008 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 03, 2007 | HP Pavilion F1903 19" Flat Panel LCD...
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!