Some of the remote control buttons won't work. The volume buttons work fine, but if I want to skip to another song, that button doesn't work. If I want to pause, that button doesn't work either. I changed the battery so that's not the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Might be the fault to remote control, to respective buttons contacts [inside] it. You have to clean the remote control to make it work. If you wish to get more details about how to check, repair and clean a remote control, http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/ Pull up previous posts there, either by its
left side bar, or view it in Timeslide option.
Did u tried disassemble remote control and clean PCB with clean cloth? Also u can take rubber part of remote and wash it carefully in soaped water . While u have it disassembled check for bad solder connections at IR LED on remote controller . Regards .
I think problem is from the control board. The board works with the TV buttons and that's where the remote sensor is. If the board is defective or dead, the buttons won't work and the remote won't work as well.
Had the same problem. I resolved it by removing my iPod from the dock and unplugging the SoundDock. I waited a few seconds and plugged the SoundDock back in. I then placed my iPod back into the dock.
I played a song and tried to use the right/skip button to skip to the next song. At first it didn't work. Then, I held the right button down for a few seconds. After that, all buttons worked just fine.
I hope this works for you. In case it doesn't, here is what the user manual says:
• Remove your iPod from the dock, wait five seconds, then firmly reseat the iPod in the dock. • Try the remote from a different location. If it works there, check for interference from bright room lights or sunlight. Wipe off the small lens on the front end of the remote with a clean, dry cloth.
• Make sure there is a clear pathway between the remote lens and your SoundDock system.
• Remove and reinsert the battery as shown on page 6.
• Replace the remote control battery as shown on page 6.
1. Using the remote control, key in the following: Setup, Stop, Skip Backwards, Skip Forwards. 2. You should then be able to change region and remove MacroVision. Turn on the DVD player without DVD inserted. Then, using the remote control, press this buttons: Setup, Stop, Skip Backwards, Skip Forwards.
Turn on your player Open the tray Press 8 4 2 1 on the remote control --> "Region 2" appears on the TV screen Press SELECT until 9 for region free & MacroVision free
Press Setup press Volume + Press Volume - Press the right arrow until the screen on the player reads 255 Press setup to exit and all done
My remote worked perfectly until I changed the battery. The original battery was CL 2032 and I replaced it with DL 2032. After replacing the battery, only the volume control works. The off button will only fade the sound while the button is depressed. Release the button, and the volume returns to the original level and the unit remains On.
None of the other buttons work.
If you've found a solution, please post it here.