Question about Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
In your web browser type in www.192.168.2.1
When it asks for a password press enter or try admin if that doesn't work. When you log in look for a section that says wireless security section. It will ask whether you want WEP or WPA. Choose WPA and set the password.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Thank it works but you dont need the www.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can try these steps to configure the BR6216MG router for wireless security:
1. connect a computer to the router's numbered port.
2. launch a browser and type in 192.168.2.1, user name is admin and the password is 1234 (unless you changed it, if you do, then use that password)
3. Once you are in, click on wireless then click on Security.
4. Under Security, you can set it to either WEP or WPA. But for ease of use, I suggest you use WEP.
5. Set it to WEP then 64 bit for the key length.
6. You can then select ASCII or hex (that depends if your wireless adapter support both or one only). For hex, you can only use the letters A-F and numbers 0-9. For ascii, you can use characters, letters and numbers.
7. Set the default key. Only the key you select it in the "Default key" will take effect.
8.You can now fill the selected text box with the password that you want. Then click Apply.
If you have questions, just ask me then I'll answer your question as soon as I can.
Posted on May 12, 2008
Is there any computer connected to the router ?
If not then you will need to connect the computer to the router.
Do not change any wireless settings on the router with the wireless computer.
you will need to connect the computer to the router with the Ethernet cable.
check the IP address of the computer.
open the router set up page of the router.
Here you can change the wireless settings of the router.
Now once you change the network anme and security on the router, you will need to connect to the wireless network on your wireless computers.
Click Here for step by step instructions
Posted on Jun 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Nov 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Aug 24, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 25, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 12, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Jun 04, 2009 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Sep 18, 2008 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Mar 05, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
1,545 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!