Question about Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
My Whirlpool MH7135XEQ-1 over the range MW quit heating after making a loud noise like glass breaking. The power is still on and you can hear the motor running and the turntable still turns. It just doesn't heat. Is it worth repairing. I
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The symptoms you are describing are typical of a magnetron that has gone bad. Continuing to attempt to use the oven in its current condition can cause further damage. So, I would recommend not using it. Microwave ovens are considered dangerous and repairs should not be attempted by anyone that is not electronic saavy. The High Voltage Network inside the oven has voltage potentials of 14,000 volts and higher. If you feel this is something you wish to attempt, the Magnetron part number is 1156751 and costs approx. $158. Keep in mind, if the magnetron has been arcing and making a burning smell you may have burned the protective coating that lines the walls of the waveguide. If the waveguide is damaged it is not repairable. I do not know if this is a replaceable item on your model microwave. Double check your warranty information and/or owner's manual. In many cases the magnetron is warranted for several years beyond the limited warranty that comes with most appliances. Post back with comments and let me know if you want me to assist you further. In addition, if you provide me with your EXACT model number (located along the door opening) I can narrow down parts a little better. I know this all sounds discouraging, but I do hope I have been able to help you.
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
SOURCE: Heard a loud glass breaking
Does it seems to run louder?
I would suspect a shorted high voltage rectifier diode.
We have the full service manual and have uploaded it to our site here.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on May 22, 2008
These are the glass trays listed to match the models you gave (NR961T is actually MR961T) and they are all shown as no longer available from standard suppliers:
MW-7600-04 MW-7600-06 MW-7600-11 MW-7600-13. MW-7600-12 should also work.
You can order one of the -11 or -12 trays by part number here.
It may take a week or two, and they may reply back that they were unable to find one, in which case they will not charge you.
If you can't find one, you can check eBay or Wal-Mart and other stores to see if they have a Rubbermaid or Nordic Ware (NordicWare) wind-up turntable like this "Micro-Go-Round". (I've seen them at Wal-Mart).
In some cases, two microwave-safe plates can serve as a makeshift replacement for a missing tray. You have to find a saucer that fits securely on your turntable support, though. Here;'s a photo of that, too.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Sep 16, 2013 | KitchenAid Architect II KHHC2090S ...
Sep 10, 2011 | Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven
Feb 25, 2011 | LG Over-the-Range Microwave
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
simple safety test.
Place 1/2 litre of water in a glass container. Measure the temperature of the water.
Place in microwave and heat on full power for 1minute.
Measure the temperature after it has stood for 1minute.
If the temperature difference is more than 9 degrees Celcuis the magnetron is working and producing about 700Watts of heat.
If your microwave is labelled with 900 or 1000Watts. That is about right.
If the temperature is less then the magnetron is not working properly and may need replacing.
This a only a rough guide and any doubts you should consult an authorised service agent.
Jan 28, 2011 | Whirlpool WMH3205XVS Stainless Steel 1000...
Dec 16, 2010 | Westinghouse Microwave Ovens
Aug 06, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens
Jan 03, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2008 | Whirlpool GH7145XF Microwave Oven
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!