Question about Maytag MER5775Q Electric Kitchen Range
The F1 error code is about a defective touch pad or clock (ERC). Please follow the steps below to determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective.
1. Unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker. It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back
7. Please replace the ERC, if F1 comes back. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 14, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
code F1 means that an error with the keypad has occurred. Usually it happens
due to loose ribbon cable on the keypad or the electronic control assembly
itself going bad. To resolve this issue first, disconnect the power to unit and
then gain access to the back of the clock assembly (Electronic Range
Control/ERC). Now unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC, it would
be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide and make sure that the cable
is not broken and nothing is shorted on the keypad. After this is done insert
the cable back and then plug the unit back to check. If the error is still
there then the electronic control board should be replaced. Hope
this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Sep 25, 2011 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 08, 2011 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Dec 06, 2009 | Magic Chef 31000 Gas Kitchen Range
Sep 25, 2009 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Mar 24, 2009 | Frigidaire FEF336BC Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 08, 2008 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Sep 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: