Question about Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The FINE Cartridge may not be installed properly, or the Cartridge may not be the compatible with this machine. Install the appropriate FINE Cartridge. If lines are misaligned or the resulting output is not satisfactory, carry out the FINE Cartridge Alignment.
This is a common problem with compatible cartridges where the chip on the cartridge is faulty, missing or is not making contact correctly with the printer cartridge connectors. The first thing to do is make sure that the plastic seal has been removed from the chip and that it is free of any residual adhesive etc. You can clean this with a cotton bud soaked in isopropyl alcohol or VCR tape head cleaner. DO NOT USE SURGICAL SPIRIT or any other cleanser as this will either leave a residue itself or damage the plastics and rubbers in the printer.
Once cleaned reinsert the cartridge and try again. If this is still unsuccessful the best solution is to return the cartridges to the vendor where you bought them and get another brand of cartridges or use genuine original cartridges. When you find a reliable manufacturer of cartridges, stay with them. Don’t forget to clean the print head and realign & recalibrate the printer at every cartridge change for optimum results. Also make sure that you use high quality paper for the best images results.
Removing & Cleaning the Absorbent pads.
The printer has 2 ink absorber pads that are located under the ink cartridges.
1. With power off the head assembly / cartridges can be moved into the middle for access.
2. Each of the 2 ink absorber pads are seated in a rubber retainer. The pads can be easily removed cleaned or replaced.
3. Carefully remove the pads using long nose pliers or tweezers.
4. Clean the using with running warm water, or use an isopropyl alcohol bath, or an isopropyl alcohol based aerosol if they are really dirty. DO NOT USE ANY SURGICAL SPIRIT OR ANY OIL BASED CLEANERS. At a push you can use a warm water mild washing up liquid bath but be sure to thoroughly rinse out the solution after cleaning. The pads should be white when they are clean.
5. Dry the pads – it may take some time and placing them in a warm environment or near a warm radiator will speed this up.
6. Clean away any ink on the retaining rubbers using a cotton bud or clean and soft lint free cloth.
7. Replace the DRY pads in the rubber retainers.
8. Replace the Ink cartridges.
9. Power on the printer and print a test page and clean and realign the heads as required.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2014 | HP Deskjet 3052A
Sep 30, 2007 | Canon Selphy DS700 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 28, 2017 | HP PhotoSmart C4345 AllInOne InkJet...
Aug 01, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
Jun 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Oct 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2008 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2008 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Dec 19, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 20, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 23, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!