Like I've posted before, if it does that still after having unplugged the speakers, it's because there is a component inside that is grilled, or a short in the Speaker output section.. If you know electronics, you can open it and look, but I'd recommend getting it repaired by a professional, cause this system's amplification system could shock you real bad if you touch a bad thing, even if unplugged, Or just get a new system, that's what I'm making since I have a few problems with mine.. It has done it's time!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally amps go into protect mode when a short circuit is detected. Check all speaker wires for faults or bad connections and the speakers themselves. If it does this with no speakers on, check the main power amp inside for short circuited parts.
Hello Check the putput wirings to speakers. If any of them has short circuit, the set will go to protection mode. You can understand it well, as it did worked fine at the repair shope. The set has no fault at all, but the wirings, connects to it have. Just power ON the set at your home, without connection any output or input to it. See, it will not show any protection mode display. Switch it OFF. Connect the output to speakers, one at a time, and switch ON the set. Just do it for all other speakers. This way, you can find out, which speaker line causes the set to go to protection mode. Fine out the reason. Never connect any input to the system, until works fine with out showing any protection display. I helped you somewhat fine, I assumes. Ok.
Hello Check the connection to speaker with this amp, for any short or any other fault. disconnect the outputs, ie, speakers from the amp, and switch it On, and see the protect display comes or not. If it comes, the fault is internal and the set need service. Your M3 dual Mono integrated amp, is of high output power and its outputs are protected against any overload or short circuit. If the system detect any among this condition specified above, it will show protect mode display. Never load this amp, as protection display is there, as it may damage the speaker or its internal power amplifier section circuits, may cause more money to get it repaired. OK.
Hello Protection display will come over this type of set, when it is overloaded or system confused condition. Just unplug the device from AC mains socket and replug it after 4 to 5 minutes, and see whether it shows any protect display. If it shows it again, just disconnect the output loads, ie, connected speakers, and check. Again it displays 'protect', the internal circuit, especially the output amplifier circuits has the trouble, and the system need service. if it does not show protect display, after disconnecting the speakers from it, check the speakers or its connecting wires for damage. OK.
You have to check your system after removing all the speaker. If it shows protection then also then any one the audio outpout ic insid the player is faulty. If it work without showing protection then there will be some problem with the speaker.you hve to find out which speaker is faulty by conneting one by one. If the output ic of the system is faulty then you have to consult some electronic repiaring shope. Because to replace there ics you need SMD rework soldering station. All the audio output ics in your palyer is SMD (surface ***** device). Also need a good skill in electronics to replace these SMD ics
Sounds like a speaker wire is shorting against either another speaker wire or something metallic. Check your speaker wires to make sure they're not shorting (touching). If that doesn't work, I'd take it to a repair facility. Good luck!
I power on the reciever and then it reads PROTECTION and then powers off. I initially thought that I blew out the reciever but I was wondering if it was as simple as a fuse. I can locate the product manual for this reciever.
Take every single cable out of the unit, now power on the unit.
If the power protection still shows then there is an internal fault, usually a short or a component defect.
If it powers on ok, switch off and insert 1 speaker at a time and power on the unit until the protection mode comes on again, the last speaker you have put in has overloaded it for some reason, also as you are trying each speaker use the volume and bass controls to see if there is an internal overload.
Thats as much as I can offer you until you narrow the fault down to the unit or one of the speakers.
The protect message indicates that a problem was found in the output stage of the amplifier. Unless this gets repaired, nothing will work. As a verification that the speakers or the wires are not the problem, unplug all of the speakers and try again. If protect still is displayed, the problem is inside the unit.