Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Removing & Cleaning the Absorbent pads.
The printer has 2 ink absorber pads that are located under the ink cartridges that collect the waste ink.
1. With power off the head assembly / cartridges can be moved into the middle for access.
2. Each of the 2 ink absorber pads are seated in a rubber retainer. The pads can be easily removed cleaned or replaced.
3. Carefully remove the pads using long nose pliers or tweezers.
4. Clean the using with running warm water, or use an isopropyl alcohol bath, or an isopropyl alcohol based aerosol if they are really dirty. DO NOT USE ANY SURGICAL SPIRIT OR ANY OIL BASED CLEANERS. At a push you can use a warm water mild washing up liquid bath but be sure to thoroughly rinse out the solution after cleaning. The pads should be white when they are clean.
5. Dry the pads – it may take some time and placing them in a warm environment or near a warm radiator will speed this up.
6. Clean away any ink on the retaining rubbers using a cotton bud or clean and soft lint free cloth.
7. Replace the DRY pads in the rubber retainers.
8. Replace the Ink cartridges.
9. Power on the printer and print a test page and clean and realign the heads as required.
10. If the E27 error message reappears then you will need to reset this.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 05, 2009 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 20, 2008 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
171 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!