Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Recently we noticed the bottom right hand corner of the our samsung tv started alternating in colours. ie. if the image is of an apple that spot may turn green all of a sudden and then go away.
At that stage we accepted that maybe the tv is starting to break.
About a week after that, the lower 10 cm of the screen appeared a noticeable fade in tone. darker tone. and you can see the area of darker tone run across the bottom at all times now.
If you wish to get some details; visit the site linked here. Pull up older posts.
faults & possible causes to LCD & Plasma screen are given with illustrations. You can get an idea about the fault to an extent. Faults to all LCD & Plasma screen are similar, irrespective of its brand and screen size.
Search the site by type in the "BRAND NAME" of your device; (Exclude the model number), in the "Search box at the top right of the display window of the Homepage" to get gathered related posts.
Posted on Jun 09, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, inside the set there is an optical unit with 3LCD panels. Somehow the dust particles came into your set and now the dust is all over the optical unit and 3LCD panels. Only way to solve this issue is to clean the dust. Please contact your Sony dealer. Best regards, Arpi
Posted on Jul 11, 2007
(Yes, this is a cross-post from another thread...I just wanted to help everyone on the various threads on this issue...please do not flame me)
Ok...once and for all I will explain the fix (in detail...which has been missing)...
1) Firmware updates do not fix this problem. I had this problem, and updated my firmware to the latest versons without success. Also, cleaning the light engine (or any other part) does not fix this problem. If you cleaned your TV and your problem disappeared, you had a different problem.)
2) This repair requies a special tool from Panasonic. The tool is part number LSUQ0100. It is light grey in color, and is roughly 7" x 5" x 1" in size. It has diagnostic lights on it, and a button to press to start the procedure. This tool is used to reprogram your EEPROM. Again, this is VERY different than flash upgrading your firmware.
3) To repair the TV, the repairman must remove the lower back of the unit and plug the long, 5-wire connector (5 individual wires terminated to one female connector end - reminds you a bit of an old-style CD-ROM audio cable used in computers) into a male recepticle on the light engine.
4) The procedure takes roughly 6-7 minutes to complete. The TV remains on during the procedure (yeah, I was a bit surprised too). About mid-way through the procedure, your colored ball-shaped blotches will just disappear....no on-screen progress bar, no bright flash, the spots just disappear in the blink of the eye.
5) CALL PANASONIC!!! They are standing behind these TVs, and are covering these in-home repairs free-of-charge - EVEN IF YOUR TV IS OUT OF WARRANTY. Mine was out of warranty by over a year. The Panasonic rep was very kind, but did explain that this is the only repair for these TVs that they will cover out of warranty, as it was a defect in the manufacture of the unit - all other repairs are at the expense of the customer.
Good luck to all - I hope this helps some of you!
Cheers to Panasonic for standing behind their products like this....you don't see that very much these days!
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 21, 2016 | Samsung LN52A580 52 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Dec 19, 2015 | Samsung HP-R5072 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Sep 10, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 26, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Feb 02, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Sep 19, 2009 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Apr 23, 2009 | Samsung LE40R73BD 40 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 15, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 14, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
400 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!