Question about Kenmore 60659 Microwave Oven
A very loud and pronounced vibration and noise at turn on. If left on for 15 seconds or more a burned odor is detected. The burned odor is that of an overheated transformer. As I remember from my TV repairing days.
Sounds like Magnetron MAY have shorted or an HV rectifier shorted.
Also there is a resonating cap for the current limiting trnansformer typically. That may have shorted.
Repair shop is in order.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2013 | GE JVM1441 Microwave Oven
Oct 10, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens
Sep 01, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 03, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 26, 2010 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven
Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven
Jan 06, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Jul 31, 2007 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: