Question about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
My Kenmore He2 will get partially through the cycle and then it stops. The ring of lights are flashing green and the Add Garment,Spin,and Cothes Clean are lit green and the Door Locked is lit red. The isn't draining completely. When I put it on Drain and Spin it just churns but no movement. Thanks for any Help!
I resolved the issue. The drain plug was clogged. To repair this first unplug the power from the machine. Then remove three screws holding the lower front panel on. Grab a bucket and put it under the "plug" on your right. Hold your nose as this part may smell. Slowly unscrew the drain plug and allow all contents to empty into the bucket. Now you know why the machine refused to work properly! Clean the drain plug and secure it tightly back in place. Put the panel back on. Plug in the power. And this should resolve your issue. Now go tell the wife how hard you had to work to fix her washing machine,duck, and do a load or two to help her out! Happy Washing!
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Washing Machines
Mar 05, 2017 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
3) Open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this cycle. Use of more than 2/3 cup (160 mL) of bleach will cause product damage over time.
4) Be sure dispenser drawer is closed.
5) Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
6) Press START.
NOTE: The basket will rotate, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue. The machine will not fill, but the basket will rotate while the washer runs a short sensing cycle. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) The cycle will determine if clothing or other items are in the washer. a) If no items are detected in the washer, it will proceed to step 8. b) If any items are detected in the washer, all cycle lights will flash and "rL" or "F/34" will be displayed. Associated LED status lights will remain lit. The door will then unlock. Press STOP to cancel the failure code. Then repeat steps 1, 2 and 6 to start the cycle again.
8) Once the cycle has begun, allow the cycle to be completed.
9) After the cycle is complete, leave the door open, slightly, to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
Good Luck and thank you for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the info I provided and a short testimony is appreciated.
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 24, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Mar 22, 2010 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Sep 04, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 10, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jun 02, 2008 | Washing Machines
937 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: