Just to let everyone know I have the H10 6Gb player and the reason your having problems getting the H10 to work with Vista is because it isn't supported by Vista at all even with updating your firmware...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try plugging in usb with the H10 turned off. Now, press the select button (with the round symbol on it) while turning the H10 on. This starts the player in 'emergency mode' and should be recognized by XP
To sync your device use either winamp or Iriver plus (winamp is better) -Download winamp from http://www.winamp.com/player -Iriver plus http://www.iriver.com/support/down_view.asp?idx=860 All firmware releases for your H10 can be found at: http://www.iriver.com/product/p_detail.asp?pidx=61
I have lately experienced the same problem with my H10 20GB. I noticed it happened after installing some other software. I think there is an conflict between iriver and apple, I mean iTunes Helper present in memory causes the trouble. I stopped the process from Task Manager and reconnected my H10. It helped. If you don't need iTune Helper you'd better disable "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" from starting with system.
I am using windows2000 OS, can not yet justify a faster Pc to run XP .. following is what I use to load and manage my MP3 audio files on my H10 20GB
>using an alternative to WMP 10, I use 'EasyH10' .. prepares an H10 player without iriver
plus or Windows Media Player 10 based on music and playlist files transferred manually using windows Explorer
Info re Easy_H10 URL http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/index.php/Easy_H10
- connect USB cable between Pc and H10
- place H10 in 'Lock' position
- use a tool ( refashioned paper clip ) to press the reset button
- start H10 in USB Mass Storage Device Mode... Hold down 'O' button, continue holding 'O' button
while you press the 'On / Off ' button until screen displays USB connection, after emergency display
- In Windows Explorer locate the ' removable drive'
- Transfer your music files with tag information to 'Music' directory on H10
- Run EasyH10
- for Media database construction to display songs in MUSIC mode.
- Playlist conversion, a necessary process for your playlist files to become compatible
(recognizable) with an H10 player.
- EasyH10 also imports/exports tuner presets from/to a text file.