- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Water does more damage than you can think of. When something hits the water, you should immediately visit a service centre. Or a centre that is specialised in water damage. Now the camera is corroded and the corrosion goes on and on.
Contact a specialised repair centre, and ask what it will cost to repair the camera, x time after the camera got wet. If it is too expensive, start saving for a new camera and hope this will last till you have enough money for a new one.
I'm assuming the slide switch on the side of the card is in the unlocked position. Have you formatted the card in your other camera or does the card contain pictures taken on the other camera? This could be the problem. To get the card to work in your FX5, download any pics from the card to your computer and then, format the card in the FX5. In the future, don't use the card in more than one camera.
Water on or in any kind of camera can spell doom to the inner workings and circuits. If the camera ever gets any kind of water inside, the chances of fixing the camera is not good. Something which could be tried when any kind of water gets into a camers's insides is this: Immediately remove the battery or batteries. The reason for this is that the circuits are live when a battery or batteries are installed. This can lead to damage and shortages which will lead to all kinds of circuit troubles.
My suggestion is to sell the camera on a site such as Ebay for parts, as is, or repair parts. The reason is the the repairs more than likely will cost more than you want to spend.
For this I would like to know if any water got into the camera. If it did, then it more than likely has been shorted out, since you said you turned it on. Good for parts if that is the case. Any kind water in any camera spells doom.
If you ever have a digital camera which has any water exposure, then immediately remove the battery and if possible open the camera case by removing at least the back's screws, making a note where each goes. Let the camera dry out for a few days minimum. Even after this, most digital cameras will not survive the water damage. The circuits are so small and delicate that any water will cause damage. Corrosion will do the most damage as a result of water causing chemical reactions with the solder and other elements. Any small damage to these tiny, delicate circuits will spell doom.
If an electronic device gets wet or is submerged, DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON! In most instances,this short circuits/damages the device. If you let the device dry for 3 to 10 days, it may clear of moisture, and work without short circuiting. If the device was immersed in fresh-water, that is.
If it was immersed in salt water, the likelihood of damage and failure is almost guaranteed.
the software is not needed
connect your camera
open (my) computer
look for a hard drive icon that wasn't there before
click on it and inside there will be a folder with your jpegs in it
you can then view them with any software i.e windows photo gallery or if you are using a mac you can use front row.
It is possible that the there is still some water inside and it will not evaporate because it is enclosed. Even if the water evaporates, it may leave some conductive residue. The water may be on some circuit boards and inside some connectors.
If the camera is worth servicing, I would not recommend that you open the camera yourself and un-assemble the boards and connectors to clean everything. If you are not experienced at this type of work, it is very easy to do more damage from handling the boards and connectors. These cameras are very delicate inside.
There is the other aspect, that if the water got on to some sensitive components on the circuit board, there can be some damage to the the parts. The water being conductive can act like a short and cause permanent damage. The fix in this case would be to change the circuit board(s) that are in failure.
Your best bet would be to give the camera to the manufacture service rep to have an estimate for repair. If your camera is under warranty, and they find water damage inside, the warranty will be void.
Next time you go water rafting or out in the rain with your camera, make sure you get a model that you can invest in the water-proof kit for your camera. It will be a lot cheaper than fixing the camera or buying a new one.
No. All Lumix® Digital Cameras have a built-in feature to conserve battery power. After a certain amount of inactivity, the LCD will power down to preserve the battery. Simply hit the SHTR button, and the LCD will turn ON.