Question about Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier

1 Answer

Do I need an attachment to connect hose to my new dehumidifier?

I just bought a Sears Kenmore dehumidifier. I also bought a hose at Sears so that the dehumid can drain right into my floor drain.
I removed the quarter size plastic hose cover piece but there doesn't seem to be a way to connect the hose. Is there a separate part I should have purchased to connect to the machine that would enable me to twist on the hose?
If so, is this a general part that I could pick up at Home Depot which is MUCH closer to my home than Sears?
Eileen Biernat

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

It should be generic. you just need a part with the same thread pattern. you could fix that a lot of different ways. as long as it screws in your ok. make sure you put some teflon tape on it to prevent it from dripping

Posted on Oct 06, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Drain hose connector

Check with a local Sears store. They specialise in Kenmore appliances and can maybe order one for you.

Sep 29, 2013 | Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier

1 Answer

I have Kenmore dehumidifier 580.54701 70. Connected to external drain. Showing 01 code in humidity setting screen. Will not run. Approximately one year old.

Your model Kenmore Dehumidifier, I believe was was made my Haier, for Sears under the Kenmore name. In which case "01" indicates a circuit failure shutdown and needs to be repaired by an authorized Sears service technician. As it may still be in warranty.

Hope this helped you and thanks for choosing FixYa.

Aug 06, 2011 | Kenmore 54701 Dehumidifier

1 Answer

I have a kenmore dehumidifier model # 129-25803. I have no manual and it is collecting water, but not into the tank, but through a hose tucked in behind the tank and it is running everywhere. how do I...

You will need to disconnect the hose and replace it with a screw on cap that came with the unit. With that in place, the water will be diverted into the bucket. If you are missing the cap, you can probably find a replacement at Sears Parts Direct.Be sure you have the correct model number when searching Sears Parts Direct or before calling them.

I hope this helped you. Thanks for choosing FixYa.

Jul 23, 2011 | Kenmore Dehumidifiers

1 Answer

Have a kenmore dehumidifier 42-54501 - I bought it w/o instruction book. Can you tell me where to get instruction book??? Thank You

Since it's a Kenmore ( a Sears house brand) that was made by Whirlpool. You can download the Owner's Manual at Sears Parts Direct or Sears Parts Central.

Hope this helped you, Joe.

Jun 05, 2011 | Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier

1 Answer

Fan blew apart.....need a new one.

You can purchase them directly online from Fedders or from Sears Parts Central. Fedders makes dehumidifiers for Sears under the name Kenmore.

Apr 25, 2011 | Fedders A7DH45B2A Dehumidifier

1 Answer

Need to connect the drain hose connected, how I do it?

Hi, I'm attaching an image where you will find all the instructions for attaching the hose. Please reply if it helps. Good luck! Ash3fabec3.jpg

Jul 25, 2010 | Kenmore 54701 Dehumidifier

1 Answer

Needs to connect drainage hose to dehumidifer

There will be some form of lever or activation device that depresses when the bucket is inserted. There should be a way to move it to a permenant "on position". Make sure you have a model with a humidity sensor or the thing will just run forever. It may be that if your model doesn't have a humidty sensor there is no way to "force" it to stay on although that would make no sense if there is a hose attachment to drain constantly to a sump pump, etc. Have you tried going to a store like Sears and just looking at a dehumidifier? Ask a clerk how the thing works if you attach a hose to it. You might be surprised what you can learn from just nosing around the hardware and small appliance section.

Dec 14, 2008 | Kenmore Dehumidifiers

2 Answers

Dehumidifier Kenmore 580.54501

hose connector is Sears part # 5214A20027A

dehumidifer is Model # 58054501300 or 58054501400

use these numbers on

Jun 11, 2007 | Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenmore 54501 Dehumidifier Logo

447 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenmore Dehumidifiers Experts

Bill Long

Level 3 Expert

587 Answers

Mike Squire

Level 2 Expert

391 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5060 Answers

Are you a Kenmore Dehumidifier Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides