Question about D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless Router (DI624RE)
It's the modem, not the wireless router that is the problem.
The modem must have the proper account name & password for it to work.
Connect a computer directly into the modem (without router). The modem has an Ethernet connector. If you can't get Internet by connecting a computer directly to the modem, then you will never get the router to work.
Contact your ISP. They may not give you the account name / password, but instead do a service call to your location.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2012 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Dec 12, 2011 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Oct 16, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Oct 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Nov 18, 2008 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2007 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
358 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!