An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
Re: ge md# 3670
If you are familiar with Micro oven servicing follow these steps
a microwave oven is a dangerous task. The high-voltage potential combined
with the high-current capability of an operating microwave oven pose
a deadly threat to a careless worker 1.Shorted Magnetron tube. 2.Replace Magnetron tube 3.Check Built-in surge protection
on printed circuit board has opened. This circuit consists of a fine foil
pattern (or filter coil - depending on the model) that acts to fuse the
primary side of the low-voltage transformer. 4. Rebuild the surge protection
circuit. Replace the varistor 5. Magnetron filament connectors have loosened and,
due to resistive heat, the terminal connections have deteriorated
and burned off. 6. Repair defective terminals as follows:Either
(1) Cut away burned wire, clean the magnetron terminals, and replace
the slip-on connectors, or (2) Cut away burned wire and connector(s).
Clean terminals to prepare for soldering. Solder filament leads directly
to magnetron terminals. Be careful not to apply soldering heat any
longer than necessary 7. Check for Weakened fuse clips in the
fuse receptacle causing fuse to melt due to resistive heat. Usually indicated
by a bead of solder leaching out from either endcap and/or evidence of overheating (or burned spot) at the endcap, fuse
clip, or terminal connection
8. Replace amp fuse and receptacle.Generic fuses and
fuse holders are available at appliance and electronic part suppliers. 9. Contact service center .. all the best ..thank you
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.
(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))
I like the information you give.
If the unit will work with the control Panel at a 45 degree angle it tells me you have a loose connection. The 45 degree angle puts enough pressure on the connection to keep it completed. With the Control Panel in it's normal position, the loose connection Heats and Opens the connection. After it cools connection is again made until it Heats up again. Remember Expansion, Contraction. I do not believe you have a Magnetron issue!! A Magnetron does not know if the Control Panel is at an angle.
Can you hear a slight "Click" when the unit shuts down? If so this is a relay opening. When you say you replaced the Control Board. Was this the Control Panel PC Board, or was it the Cook-Relay Control Board? A Door Switch not making solid contact can do this. Is your Door latching down solid? Check for loose connections, not open LOOSE.
well its one of two things . there is a tempture sw attached to the magntron that will turn it off if it overheats . so is it the magntron getting to hot because its going bad .or is it getting to hot because the fan blade and air vents are dirty ..... only you can tell that ( if its dirty ) but you will need to take it all apart to see . ... .my guess is that the mahntron is going bad , ge has the worst set up there i have ever seen GE is BAD NEWS when it comes to microwaves . want to have fun GOOGLE " ge spacemaker problems" , and see what pops up ,everthing from no heat to burning down a house !
The first thing I would check would be the magnetron TCO (thermal cut-out). This is a little safety devise that protects the magnetron in the event of overheating. These can act up even without overheating. I believe the nuetral side of this TCO runs through the board, and therefore the flickering and shutdown. When the TCO cools, it resets. If it were the door switch, you would blow the fuse and wouldn't be able to set the time without changing the fuse. There are other cavity thermostats that could be the culprit but my quess is on the magnetron TCO. When working with microwaves always unplug the unit and discharge the capacitor. This is high voltage..Good Luck