Question about IBM 6400 Matrix Printer
There is awritten number on shuttle assy .enter this number as phasing value .
i have 3/4 printer their value is 37 ,if there is no number on shuttle then use 37 and then checked it.
Posted on Feb 28, 2014
IMPORTANT The printer must be printing the Phase pattern of “H’s” when the Phasing Value is changed, or the New Phasing Value
will not be written into NVRAM. If the value is changed when not printing, the printer will return to its default phasing
value when powered off then back on.
1. Install the ribbon.
2. Load full width (136 column) paper.
3. Power on the printer and set top of form.
4. Press Stop to put the printer into NOT READY mode.
5. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ to unlock the Enter key.
6. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ + Return + Enter to enter the CE Tests menu. (Press all four keys at the same time.)
7. The display will show “SERVICE / PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS”, the first menu item. Press Enter to enter the
mechanism tests menu.
8. Press Scroll↑ or Scroll↓ until
“PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS / HAMMER PHASING” is on the display.
9. Press Enter. The printer begins printing all H’s, each line preceded by the phasing index number.
10. Press Return. The display will show
“SERVICE / PRINTER MECHANISM TESTS”.
11. Press Scroll ↑ or Scroll ↓ until “SERVICE / HAMMER PHASE VALUE” is on the display.
12. Press Enter. The top line of the display will show
“HAMMER PHASE VALUE” and the bottom line will show the current phasing index number.
13. Press Enter. The phasing index (followed by an asterisk) will move up to the top line of the display.
14. Press Scroll ↑ or Scroll ↓ to increase or decrease the phasing index, then press Enter to activate the value as it prints.
Continue to increase or decrease the phasing index until the pattern of H’s appears.
15. When the print pattern is acceptable, press Stop. Printing stops, and the printer automatically enters the current phase
index value into NVRAM. The display shows “NOT READY”.
16. Press Scroll ↑ + Scroll ↓ to lock the Enter key.
17. Close the printer cover. Press Start to put the printer into READY mode.
NOTE: If you changed the phasing value, power down the printer, remove the shuttle cover, and write the new phase value on
the aluminum shuttle casting.
Posted on Oct 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Apr 19, 2011 | Printronix Line Matrix P5215 Printer
Dec 06, 2010 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Sep 13, 2010 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Apr 26, 2010 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Feb 06, 2010 | Shuttle MV43VN Motherboard
Nov 29, 2009 | Shuttle MV43VN Motherboard
Jun 04, 2009 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Mar 27, 2008 | IBM 6400 Matrix Printer
Oct 20, 2017 | IBM 6400 Matrix Printer
390 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!