Outlook send /rec error 0x8004210a /fail sync with blackberry
1. during sync between outlook and blackberry I received and answered a Skype video call. The sync between laptop & phone didn't complete. Tried to sync again and the following happened each of the 5 times I tried to re sync: 'operation terminated reading from outlook calendar', at same point each time! 2. uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager software, still not able to sync ''no applications configured for synchronisation'' 3. tried 'system restore' on laptop, no joy (using windows vista) 4.Outlook dialog pop up box now appearing: network server password req'd, enter password, no use. pop up box keeps coming back. Can send emails not RECEIVE, outlook send/receive error message (0x8004210A): ERR INVALID BACKEND. tried to set up NEW email but still same problem ' can't log on to server, an encrypted connection is not available' 5. contacted ISP (virgin media) & i can log on to my email account using my password on their website, no problem with server (as far as they're concerned)! 6. I can not get Blackberry to validate my email account, it does not accept password, it won't configure the account. Deleted it and set up new one, still no joy, still same problem 7. is the problem with balckberry or with outlook? 7. i have used more expletives in last 2 days than is healthy, please help
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
Re: outlook send /rec error 0x8004210a /fail sync with...
I found Outlook Password Unlocker is helpful, recover forgotten passwords for emails in Microsoft Outlook. Your Outlook password will be displayed in a minute no matter how long and complicated it is. Besides, the compact interface makes it easy to use.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
for this you need to reconfigure the synchronization settings for your destop organizer proram
please follow the same.
1. connect Blackberry to the computer.
2. open desktop manager and click on SYNCHRONIZE.
3. click on the CONFIGURATION tab
4. click RESET CONFIGURATION
5. click CONFIGURE SYNCH
6. Select a BlackBerry device application (Address Book, Calendar, MemoPad, or Tasks), then click Choose.
7. click BROWSE
8. add the folders you want to synchronize and then click OK
9. click OK to close the chose application window
10. click OK to close the device cinfiguration window
11. synchronize the organizer data on your black berry device.
You can send your contacts via Bluetooth, it'll be stored within the Documents folder. Open the vcf file - contact file and select Add to Contacts.
If this option is not available I would recommend sync-ing through Outlook. Put the LG software on to your computer and complete the sync. Then connect your BlackBerry and using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager you should be able to sync your contacts with Outlook.
You may need to clear out the calendar database first on the BlackBerry device, and then try to synch again. Do the following:
1. Connect your BlackBerry via USB. 2. Open Desktop Manager and go to the Backup and Restore option. 3. Select Advanced. 4. The Desktop Manager will show the device databases on the right-hand side. 5. Scroll down and highlight the entry that says Calendar, then click on the Clear button.
Once Desktop Manager has cleared the calendar database try to sync again.
To get rid of the unknown error, you will need to uninstall the Blackberry Desktop software. When you do this, make sure that you have the uninstaller delete the user settings, too. Then reinstall Desktop Manager 4.3. See if that helps with the syncing, too. This solution solved the error problem for me, so I hope it will work for you.
If this does not solve the syncing problem, then post back here again and we'll look for another solution. Sometimes a .pst file repair will help.
Don't skip the initial HotSync for secondary computer!
Alright, I figured this one out on my own and figured I'd post what I'd learned so that others don't have to endure the teeth mashing, hair pulling, snarling frustration. (self induced as it may be)
My experiences have taught me to not always trust a cookie cutter installation wizard...especially for custom app installations (ie: primary = home, secondary=work, total sync, no priority). So, I did not perform the initial sync during installation of the palm software fearing that the new installation would NOT recognize that the work computer was a secondary machine and resultantly wipe out the old palm data from the primary machine. Turns out, as I saw in many other unrelated posts, that it's difficult (if not impossible) to specify conduit direction to outlook 2003 outside of the initial sync (this prompted me to specifically look for conduit direction during install). So, this wizard is one I should have trusted...by mistake...because of weak program design.
By the way...once I specified sync with outlook during the initial sync, EVERYTHING works fine despite not having installed the two "imperative" conduit updates (they were uninstalled after several previous failed attempts at this).
Hope this helps
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.