Question about Dishwashers
The fault code comes on the display with F1 which according to the manual means a flood has occurred or there is a faulty flood switch . The machine is 10 years old. Do you think it is worth fixing or should we buy a new dishwasher.
SOURCE: Clearing F1 Fault
Hi, Dexters Dad,
I cannot help you without the make and model of your dishwasher. Please provide this by posting a comment here. I should get a email from Fixya telling me you posted the comment. Thankyou and looking forward to helping you get rid of the F1 error code.
Posted on Nov 23, 2007
SOURCE: I have a Fisher Paykel
just had the same F1 error message. I figured the drain lines were clogged so i hooked my compressor up to them and blew air in the lines for about 5 seconds at 60 psi. It is not giving me the error message anymore and seems to be running fine.
Posted on May 09, 2008
F1 means that water is in your basepan--- you can pull the bottom drawer out and soak up the water with a towel... you will have to use a hair dryer to dry underneath the control sensor in the back left corner.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
SOURCE: f1 showing up - no flooding.
Check for water under the bottom drawer or water marks. Try swapping the motor controllers over from top to bottom. Theses are the computer modules in the front of each drawer. Cheers
Posted on May 07, 2009
That's an electronics failure code. Bad news.
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
F1 means the flood switch has been activated. here is a trouble shooting flow chart.
1. did a flood occure? yes. q-2 or no q-12
2. is the lid sealing on the tub correctly? yes Q-3 no=Answer
3. Is there a high water level in the tub. Yes-q4 no q-6
4. is the water valve leaking? yes=Answer no-Q 5
5. Is the dish drawer priming correctly? yes q-11 no q-6
6. Is the spray arm split. yes=answer, no q-7
7. is the spray arm running freely. yes q-8 no q=answer
8. is the water leaking from a split inlet or drain hose? yes = answer, no q9
9. is the water leaking around the heater plate or o rings. yes=answer, no q10
10. carroy out more testing to locate the source of the leak.
11. drain hose may have been blocked or partially blocked.
12. is there water or condensation around the chassis flood switch pcb.
13. if power fails to the bottom tub, it will cause the top tub to f1
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel DishDrawer DS605FDSM...
Feb 02, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Jul 27, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD603H SS...
May 19, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Dishwashers
Apr 25, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Apr 22, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Jan 25, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Jan 07, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
Dec 07, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!