Question about Computers & Internet
Can I connect dlink wireless router to cable modem
If your cable modem was operative ...here's an easy procedure:
1. Turn off all network routers, modem, computers..
2. Turn on the power to the DLink router. let it cycle up.
3. Connect your ethernet from the Dlink to the cable modem and then turn the power on to the cable modem and let it cycle up.
..this will "fool" the cable modem into finding your dlink as the "computer" ..since the cable modem is set up for only one computer, if the dlink is the "computer" that it locks in, then go ahead and turn on all other computers and etc...you should be able to get online wirelessly..
Follow the order of events above and it should be cool.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: When my computer is connected
Make sure your modem is plugged into your WAN port on your router and your computer is plugged into your LAN port on the router, then turn everything off (unplug what doesn't have a switch) then turn the modem on first and let all the lights come on on the modem, then turn the router on and let all the lights come on on it then turn the computer on. Don't turn the next item on until the previous item has all the lights on that are going to come on.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2012 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Oct 16, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Nov 25, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Apr 03, 2009 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Mar 30, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Nov 18, 2008 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2007 | Actiontec (GS204AD9-02) Router...
721 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: