Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
To remove the exterior washer case and console, follow these steps:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
If you need an illustration of your washer and components, searspartsdirect.com, appliancepartspros.com, or pcappliancerepair.com usually has some excellent exploded view diagrams that you can refer to.
To reinstall the washer casing, follow these steps to ensure you get the case correctly placed and secure on the frame:
1. With the lid of the washer open, grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you. Reinsert the brass clips by placing the clips into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push then down into the opening on top of the washer.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
Read through everything thoroughly before beginning any repairs. If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please let me know. I hope this information is helpful.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2012 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
on Jan 12, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jul 29, 2011 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Jun 04, 2011 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Mar 03, 2011 | Washing Machines
Mar 15, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 15, 2009 | Whirlpool CAM2752KQ Top Load Washer
Nov 29, 2008 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Sep 23, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: