Help Me! Sansa m240 say only 'Finalizing Update" then turns off
I recently put some new music on my sansa m240 MP3 player, and now when I turn it on, it has the logo, then says "Please wait, Reformatting Library" then "Finalizing Update", then shuts off. I've changed the battery and tried to delete all my music completely and start over, but all it says is that it "can't" delete my files. Then the Media Player tells me to reset it, only I don't know how to. HELP!!!!!!!!
Re: Help Me! Sansa m240 say only 'Finalizing Update" then...
Oh lol this is easy. just go onto realplayer or something then go on the tab burn/transfer then it will tell u your songs delete them all. then try turning your mp3 on and going to "settings" then go all the way to the bottom of that page then click "reset all" then go back to windows media player and put your songs on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to go to the Sandisk support site and down load the Updater program. Run the updater on your player. This in a way reinstalls the software on the player kind of like reinstalling the operating system. [
need more info but if it is to do with windows update just be patient and wait for it to finish, if it takes way to long reset your computer using the reset button and windows will recover its self and tell you what went wrong and what option you have, ok, not a problem at all.
Remove the battery for at least 3 minutes and then put it back in.. be sure it''s fresh and fully charged
2. VERY IMPORTANT...Turn the "Hold button" ON.. (slide it to the right)
3. Now, plug it into the computer, it would be better if you used a USB 2 port that is located on the back of the computer (it''s on the motherboard) 4. Go to "MY Computer" and see if it shows up as a "Removable disk" 5. If it''s there, then reformat it to ...FAT32...not FAT.if you need help with reformatting let me know. EDIT* When I called Sandisk on 1-3-07, the tech I spoke with instructed me to reformat to FAT32. Now (2-14-07) I get this from them..."(select "FAT" if the capacity of your Sansa is less than 2GB. For larger players, select "FAT32"). I found I lost a few megs when I formated to FAT32 on my m240, but didn't notice any other difference.
6 Unplug it and let it finalize. Give it lots of time. 7. Return the "Hold button" to off.
I hope that help
Please rate accordingly
there are 2 usb choices on the sansa m240 one is msc the other is auto detect. msc is for downloading new upgrade software i beleive , because thats the setting sndisk has you set it on to download new upgrade software .it stands for mass storage class .it may need to be on auto detect .