Question about Epson Stylus Photo R320 InkJet Printer
We recently changed the print cartridges and now my pictures are coming out very dark and red with lines through them. Help?
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2. Load letter size paper.
3. Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. Right click your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then right click the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL, HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. Right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4. Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6. When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8. If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9. Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2015 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jun 28, 2011 | Brother MFC 7840W Printer
Dec 13, 2009 | Samsung ML2250 Laser Printer
Jun 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Jun 16, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 23, 2008 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Nov 22, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Mar 06, 2007 | HP LaserJet 2300d Printer
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!