Question about Garmin GPS
Do i need a update
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I did the following steps and my Nuvi 680 bluetooth is working good now.
Please try these:
Thank you for contacting Garmin International, I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to reset your
1) From the Nuvi main "Where To?" screen, tap "View map"
2) On the map screen, tap the "speed" indicator in the lower left corner of the screen.
3) On the next screen, there is a large round speedometer (mph) near the top center of the screen. Press and hold on the center of the speedometer until the screen changes to a diagnostic mode that says "Shutdowns" at the top.
4) Press "Next"at the bottom of the screen repetitively until you come to a screen that says "Bluetooth statues" at the top...
5) On the Bluetooth Statues screen, press "Updt PR" button in the lower right corner. The screen should show "Do you really want to update the Bluetooth firmware?"... Press "yes"... Let the unit sit for several minutes. It should show "Updating Bluetooth on the screen. When it is complete, it will return to the "Bluetooth Statues screen.... Press "Quit" in the lower left corner... Then return to the main "Where To?"
screen and try enabling and paring the Bluetooth again?.
Additionally, it is best to pair the devices from the cell phones menus and pairing procedures, instead of from the Garmin device......
Note: before re-pairing the Nuvi to your cell phone, make sure you remove the nuvi device fr your cell phone first, then add device. If your nuvi bluetooth still fails after you do this step, then your nuvi bluetooth file maybe corrupted. You will need to download this file and reinstall it to your Nuvi
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
SOURCE: unlocking a garmin nuvi 680
Here's your options:
1. Enter the correct PIN.
2. Go to the secure location where the PIN was set and it won't ask you for a PIN.
3. Send the unit back to Garmin to be unlocked.
Sorry but there is no master reset. The PIN is written into memory that can not be erased. I have had success in unlocking Nuvi's but I will only do it for people who have a valid purchase receipt from a major retail chain and if they can provide me with their Garmin registration info so I can verify that they are the rightful owner.
There are too many of these units out there that are stolen and the culprits are looking for a way to bypass the PIN. This is why Garmin added this feature to their GPS's.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Try this and see if it fixes your problem...first disable bluetooth then follow these steps....
1. Power off the unit.
2. HOLD down the power button and you will see "Pre Boot Mode" appear on the lower part of the display. KEEP HOLDING the power button down and the display will flicker, do this until the pre boot mode message disappears. This seems to take a long time (60 seconds at least).
3. Once the pre boot mode message disappears release the power button and your device will perform some activites to recover from the problem.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2011 | Garmin Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2011 | Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS Receiver
Jan 24, 2011 | Garmin Nuvi 200w 250w 260w 580 660 670 680...
May 20, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Mar 01, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 31, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS Receiver
Jul 02, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS Receiver
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: