I don't know what happened, but my camera began shows back screen suddenly a several days ago. Can anybody tell me where is the problem? When i take a picture, it's also black. P.S. Sorry, but I'm from Bulgaria and my English isn't very good :)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since the trouble happened in heavy rain conditions I would suspect water induced conductivity in the wiring to and from the backup camera.
You will need to
1..get a shop manual for the car which details the location of the cable, plugs etc. to and from the camera.
2. Since the camera is located in the rear of the car I would look in the area where water spray from the highway may splatter into the wiring harness and ground connections to the camera.
3. I haven't done one of your year model yet so I can't tell you the exact location of the pieces.
4. Check with your local service manager for the brand and see if there is some news on troubles with this module in other cars
Good luck. It was the moisture and unsealed connections that broke it.
The gray strips usually mean the camera has dirt video heads - if it hasn't been dropped. Get a head-cleaning tape from Radio Shack or Best Buy, and run it a few times. If that doesn't do it, it'll have to be cleaned by a repair shop. Off brand tapes sometimes can cause this.