Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, I found this in a repair manual for the MP830. summery is to press and hold the stop/reset button for 5 or more seconds. I copied the info from the manual too. The remaining ink amount unknown.  (Applicable ink tank icon) The remaining level of the following ink cannot be correctly detected. An ink tank which has once been empty is installed. Replace the applicable ink tank with a new one. Printing with a once-empty or refilled ink tank can damage the print head. If printing is continued without replacing the refilled ink tank, press the Stop/Reset button for 5 sec. or longer to record the use of a refilled ink tank. Note: After the above operation, the function to detect the remaining ink amount is disabled.
Posted on Sep 06, 2007
SOURCE: reset Ink levels for canon mx310
I've heard that with canon there is a way around the ink-level chip monitoring on the cartridge by doing the following:
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
I had the error message U071 and U130. I pressed the stop/reset, OK, the black and color start buttons all at once and the error message just disappeared.
Posted on May 17, 2008
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps):
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if it doesn't print by itself, then press the "color" button once and the test sheet will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
SOURCE: canon ip2600 reset problem
You can't reset the ink level on all Canon Pixma printers.You need to turn off the function on printer to show the ink level.On most printers this happen with push resume button and hold it for 5 seconds.
The printer shows empty cartridges but it will printing.
Posted on Oct 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2014 | HP Photosmart 6515 Wireless Color All In...
Nov 20, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Oct 22, 2011 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 19, 2011 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Jul 11, 2011 | Dell Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 09, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Sep 05, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!