My iPod touch won't turn off. I press and hold the on/off switch but it doesn't turn off, it just goes to "sleep" mode. Also the "home" key doesn't work. I’m stuck in my music playlist. I hit the home key and a little screen pops up and asks if I want close or music. I click close but it doesn't go anywhere. Both of these problems have never happened to me before.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Marclla, Check the attached links,instruction and guides to get IPOD up and running, Good luck.
I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info.
1. Verify if your pc passes the system requirements. (a) usb 2.0 port (b) You are running the latest version of itunes
2. Recharge your iPod Touch
3. Check USB connections. Use a USB port that is built into the computer instead of using an external usb hub.
4. Restart iPod Touch. Do the following steps:
To restart iPod touch, first turn iPod touch off by
pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears.
Slide your finger across the slider and iPod touch will turn off after a
Next, turn iPod touch on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. Is iPod touch not responding? To reset iPod touch, press and hold the
Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10
seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
5. Restart your computer then reconnect your iPod Touch
6. Try reinstalling iTunes. And if this doesn't resolve the issue, you can also try uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling the latest version.
7. Check if there are third-party software that might prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPod touch. Such software may be security software, anti-virus software and webcam drivers. What you can do is adjust the software settings or you may also temporarily disable the software.
If you find this helpful, kindly click the thumbs up button. Thanks! :)
hi just a tip hope it would work! 1.hold on the power button until you see the "slide to power off" slider 2.let go off the power button and slide the slider 3.wait until it turns off completely. press the power button again to turn it on
Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.
If that doesn't work, turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
If that doesn't work, reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
If iPod touch continues to freeze or not respond after you reset it
Reset iPod touch settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your preferences are reset, but your data and media are left untouched.
If that doesn't work, erase all content on iPod touch. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > "Erase All Content and Settings." All your preferences are reset, and all your data and media are removed from iPod touch.
To reset the iPhone or iPod Touch, press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done.
Solution 1) Press Hold/Sleep & hold buttons at same time for 20 seconds, This may fix you problem.
If problem is still alive follow solution 2
Solution 2) Press Hold/Sleep & hold buttons at same time for 10 sec. & then leave only Hold/Sleep button keep home button pressed & connect you ipod to PC, That means you have to bring your ipod in DFU mode (Recovery mode) Check out this video for getting ipod touch in DFU mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI . itune must be run on PC. It will ask you for restore. Accept Restore you ipod touch request by itune. Wait for few minutes while ipod being restored.