Question about Denon AVR-3803 Receiver
We reconfigured our system adding a DISH HD-DVR which worked well after the technician installation, including transmission of audio to our extra room speakers (connecting main unit now through HDMI and optical audio cables). Suddenly we get no audio out of the preout connection (Surround/Zone 2) to the ancillary power amp, neither for our DISH receiver nor the HD DVD player (RGB video connection). When I connect an iPOD directly to the power ampw e get full audio. I've read that when HDMI is used in Zone 1 that some amps won't send a signal to Zone 2, but since all initially worked well I can't imagine that is the problem. How can I trouble shoot the Zone 2 input throuth the pre-out connections and get my remote speakers working?
OK, From what I am understanding is that you both are trying to uilize a digital audio source (HDMI cables are digital audio only) and hence this is the problem. You can only use an analog audio source (connection) to utilize the audio output to zone 2. A simple soultion is to use the analog audio in conjuction with the digital. Connect the digital (HDMI, Optical, Coax) to the main zone and the left and right audios to zone 2.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2013 | Denon AVR-1907 Receiver
Jul 11, 2011 | Audio & Video Receivers
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Dec 18, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Oct 13, 2008 | Pioneer Audio & Video Receivers
Sep 15, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V659 Receiver
May 27, 2008 | Denon AVR-1803 Receiver
Mar 30, 2008 | Audio & Video Receivers
676 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!