My computer crashed and I had to have it fixed. I now have vista installed. Somewhere along the line I have lost my Install Cd. Do I also need drivers? Where can I get this Install Disk? I have Epson Perfection 2580 Photo--Model J142A Serial Number FZGU042351* AAB
I bought it At Frys in 6-10-02.
Can You Help Me?
Jean Lechner jeanlechner@MSN.com
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: need installion rom and driver that are necessary
I cannot send you a CD -- I do not have one but I can show you where on the internet you can download the drivers and manuals for this machine. According to Epson's Vista support page even if I had a CD you would still need to download the Vista drivers. (They apparently were released after the CD)
In order to read the manuals you will need Adobe Reader it is free click the Get Adobe Reader button at this link. http://www.adobe.com
Epson does not seem to have instructions on how to install the downloaded software.Try installing this the first two in the order they are in the list they are the only ones applicable to windows Vista. (assure you only install downloads for VISTA.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like you need to upgrade the DVD-ROM drivers on your operating system. You'll need to go to the manufacturer's website to get the drivers for Vista.
1) Determine the manufacturer of your DVD-ROM drive. If you bought the drive separately from the computer, you need to go to the website of the company that made the drive (such as Samsung, Toshiba, etc.). If you bought it as part of a desktop or laptop, go to the website of the company that built the computer (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.).
2) Look for a link titled "Support" or possibly "Downloads" in the menu at the top of the webpage.
3) How you find the specific driver for your device will vary depending on which website you are on. Normally you have to enter in the model number of either your computer or DVD-ROM drive and it will show you what drivers are available.
4) Download the driver for Windows Vista (make sure you get the 32-bit version or 64-bit version, depending on your version of Vista)
5) Install the driver, typically by double-clicking the downloaded file and then following any on-screen directions. You'll then most likely have to reboot as well.
Everything should work after this. If you need specific help in finding the driver file to download, you'll need to provide me with the brand and model of your computer or DVD-ROM drive.
Hope that gets you up and running!
My Canon PIXMA MP500, purchased in mid-2006, came with the (then) ScanSoft OmniPage SE2 software on a CD. The PC had WinXP Installed. I had no use for the ScanSoft it so I made no effort to install it. Fast Forward: Two PC crashes later, July 2009. Using Win Vista Home Premium LOST, important WinWord document file, only a hard copy available. I tried to recover, scanning the "Xerox" copy. The SE Version of OmniPage was very complicated but I succeeded in producing a replacement *.doc file.
It appears that newer editions of WinVista contain the right printer drivers for this Canon Model.
Hai, Are u installed any sound driver for your pc.Try to install the sound driver with the motherboard cd that came along with a new pc.First put the cd on the cd rom and automatically install all the required drivers.It will work deffenitely.
The yellow exclamation mark means that the driver for the DVD/CD-ROM is corrupted. You will need to find the drivers for your drive and re-install it. This should be easy enough to do: find the brand name of your drive and go to the website of the manufacturer, then locate their drivers page and find the specific driver for your product, then download and install the driver and restart your computer and the drive should work. Please rate if this works for you, Thanks!
Here is where you can get your driver. It's for WinXP but you can get the one for Vista if you need. Didn't know if you wanted the software suite that goes along with it but that can be downloaded from same page as well. Enjoy! If this fixes your prob, please rate me a big 4 fix ya. Thanks.
I just read on another website that the program "Pinnacle CD/DVD Suite" is the problem. It gets installed along with Wordperfect and it needs to be un-installed. I had the same problem with the 2 pop-ups and then when I tried to put in a cd with pictures on it, my computer crashed. I have just un-installed the Pinnacle CD/DVD Suite on my computer and the messages are gone and I can run cd's again!!