Saving radio pre sets and book marks, I don't understand and manual is vague
I can utilze almost all features but the radio presets and the book marks, If I can store so many of them how come I can't use them? How do I save a presett fm radio station and how do I use my book marks?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Setting the Clock
1. Press and hold the CLOCK button until the hour begins to flash
2. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to change the hour.
3. Press the CLOCK button again. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons
to change the minutes.
4. Press the CLOCK button again to save.
the PRESET stations:
1. Tune to desired station.
2. Press and hold the PRESET button until the PRE-SET indicator on the display begins to flash
3. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to select the PRESET location for the station. Ten locations (0-9) are available.
4. Press the PRESET button to save the location. To tune a PRESET station:
Press and release the PRESET button to step
through the PRESET stations.
Station Pre Set:
You can save 4 pre sets on this radio (1-4) tune the radio to the station you want to save then PUSH and HOLD one of the pre set butons until the sound returns, the station is saved to that pre set. Repeat for the 3 presets.
Hour: Push and hold the CLK button and at the same time push the SEEK button to adjust. < decrease hours > increase hours.
Minute: Push and hold the CLK button and at the same time push the TUNE button the adjust. < decrease minutes > increase minutes.
When you find a frequency that you want to store in memory, press one of pre- set tuning buttons 1through 6 and hold until the preset number stops flashing. The number you have pressed will flash in the preset number indicator and then remain lit. The selected radio station frequency has been stored in memory. The next time you press the same preset tun- ing button the radio station frequency is re- called from memory.
1. Tune the radio to the frequency you want to preset, using the "Tuning/Set" buttons. 2. Press "Time Set" button to enter set mode. Note it says "Preset" below this button, because it is used to set both time set and presets. 3. Select the preset number you want, using the "Preset" buttons. 4. Press "Time Set" button again to exit set mode. 5. Repeat the above process for each preset.
Your Sony is equiped for 5 AM presets and 15 FM presets.
1. Power your unit "ON".
2. Set the desired band - AM or FM.
3. Hold the "Mode" button down no more than one second. The "preset" indication just be gone.
4. Manually tune in the desired station you want to preset.
5. Hold "Enter" until preset indication re-appears. The number of the preset should be blinking.
6. Using the tuning buttons, change the the number to your desired "preset" number.
7. Push the "Enter" button to set the preset.
Remember, you can't have more than 5 AM presets (a mistake I made).
to set the 5 main presets:
with radio on, use the manual tuner to find station you want on a preset. push and release mem/clock adj button (mem will flash on display), push preset number and while holding it in push the mem/clock adj button again (mem on display will go away). station is now preset to that number.
to set the 5 additional presets:
with radio on, use the manual tuner to find station you want on a preset. push and release the +5 button (+5 will flash on display), push and release mem/clock adj button (mem will also flash on display), push preset number and while holding it in push the mem/clock adj button again (mem on display will go away). station is now preset to that +5 number.
to set the digital clock display:
with radio off, push and release the mem/clock adj button (clock display will now flash), use the tun up / hr part of manual tuning button to adjust hour and the tun dn / min part to adjust minutes.