An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: how to make it my connection secured?
1. First connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable. 2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL 3. Enter the router setup login and password 4. Change the admin password 5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast. 6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2 7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router. 8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings. 9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router. 10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What error do you get when connecting to the internet?
Anyways, Probably the Wireless connection your trying to connect to has a Network Security enabled on it.
Gaming consoles cant' access that type of Encryption, reason I do not know why but to be able to get wireless connection using your Nintendo DS you will need to disable the Wireless Network Security of your Wireless Router to be able to get Wireless Access using your Nintendo DS.
I also had issues with mine before and found out that disabling the Network Security will let me get Internet Access on my portable console.
Just Disable the Network Security this will allow you to get Internet Access on your Nintendo, for the Security of your Wireless you can get the MAC Address of each wireless device you have and input those MAC Addresses into the Router Settings to get Security and not allow other poeplt to gain access on your Wireless Internet.
I hope this Helps.
Have a nice day,
1. Check if the wireless security key is correct. 2. The wireless security key is at times case sensitive. 3. Try and connect to your own wireless network 4. Finally, check with other wireless devices at your place, if they are connecting. 5. If the security is high, lower down the wireless security type to 64-bit WEP
For verifying all this, contact your router vendor.
Now we will secure you wireless connection to prevent others from connecting. Under the Home tab, click the Wireless option from the left.
Beside the SSID option, enter the name for your wireless network connection.
Beside Security, select WPA. If you can’t connect using WPA, then select WEP. Using WPA will provide a much more secure connection that using WEP. For more information about WEP and WPA please read Wireless Security: WEP and WPA.
Click AES beside the Cypher Type.
Make sure PSK is selected beside PSK/EAP.
Now you must get very creative. Specify a long Passphrase with a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and punctuation. Once again, please read Creating Secure Passwords for tips on how to do this. In this case the longer the better.
Make sure you write down this key somewhere, either on a piece of paper or in a text document on your computer. You will need this information when you connect to your wireless network.
Enter your passphrase next to Passphrase and again beside Confirmed Passphrase.
Click Apply to save your security settings.
Now you are all done securing your wireless router and network. All you need to do is connect to your network, and enter your Passphrase exactly as you specified it. I won’t go into detail on how to connect to your wireless network, as I will save that for another post.
first of all are you talking about a secure wireless connection. if you aren't, then what it means is using an encryption key to secure your wireless connection. any computer connecting to your router can connect wirelessly and use your connection to do whatever they want unless you secure it. let me know a little more details and i will help you get it all set right.