Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router (e125894)
How to make my wireless connection secured?
1. First connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Oct 17, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 01, 2009 | Dell 1470 (W9284) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
May 19, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Feb 22, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jan 14, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
May 10, 2008 | Linksys WUSB54GC 802.11g/b Wireless...
Sep 19, 2007 | Computers & Internet
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: