Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
The water level is controlled by the pressure switch which is located behind the load level selector knob on the control panel. Before assuming you have a defective pressure switch, however, read the following link:
In many cases the small air hose on the pressure switch can come loose from the pressure switch and cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Check the air hose to ensure it is still attached to the pressure switch and check the electrical connections to ensure they are not corroded. If the air hose is intact, check the entire length of the hose from the pressure switch to the air dome on the wash tub to ensure it is not leaking anywhere. The air hose is how the pressure switch senses the pressure differential as the wash tub fills. Without it, and the pressure switch will not work. If you need to gain access to washer interior, follow these steps:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
Check the air dome on the lower right hand side of the wash tub. This is a small plastic air hose that runs from the wash tub all the way to the pressure switch. If this hose comes loose, the washer will start to leak as it fills. Simply reattach if it comes loose.
If you need an illustration of your washer and components, searspartsdirect.com, appliancepartspros.com, or pcappliancerepair.com usually has some excellent exploded view diagrams that you can refer to.
To reinstall the washer casing, follow these steps to ensure you get the case correctly placed and secure on the frame:
1. With the lid of the washer open, grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you. Reinsert the brass clips by placing the clips into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push then down into the opening on top of the washer.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
If these preliminary measures do not work, replace the pressure switch. If the pressure switch requires replacement, you can search for the best price at these web sites:
If you have questions, or require additional assistance, please let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2010 | LG WM-1832C Front Load Washer
Apr 18, 2010 | Bosch SHU9915UC Dishwasher
Sep 03, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 05, 2009 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
Feb 04, 2009 | GE WBSE2090A Top Load Washer
Jan 10, 2009 | Kenmore 16919 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 08, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: