Question about Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with In-Door-Ice Dispensing System
Hi lots of things to check.
1) are you getting water at door ? - if so water is on and filter is not blocked or installed backwards.
2) this does nor rule out the solinoid because it has two sides one for water and one for ice. ( we will come back to solinoid)
3) Is the ice maker swich turned on ? located inside freezer door to the right of the icemaker looks a bit like a wire coat hanger grab it and push it up for off or down for on ( you should hear a click)
4) Is you fill tube blocked with frozen ice ? located inside freezer door at back of ice maker, looks like a plastic hose going through the back wall at an up hill angle. if so heat it up with a hair drier to melt ice. or pull part out from back of fridge and soak in hot water.
4) Check control board. (This was my problem)Turn off power, open freezer locate a white plastic square cover with sides about 6 inches long, located at front of icemaker prise out the plastic button located on the right side with a flat screwdriver pull white cover off, ( check power is off) look at wheel behind cover if you see any melted parts then this is your problem. remove three screws and pull wheel and front panel towards you it will come away. dont turn wheel by hand - if you need to line up spline turn part in ice maker instead, also note on - off switch ( wire coathanger thing attaches to this ) Top right. sounds harder than it is. sniff part, can you smell a burnt out smell if so order a new part on line. ( this part controls all the action. turns water solinoid on to fill tray, tips tray etc,
5) water solinoid has had it, located at back of fridge behind cardboard, water line from wall attaches to this as does water line to cold water and water line to ice maker, this is a double solinoid so it is posable for ice to work and not cold water or vice versa, turn off water and power remove part and take to your electrical part supplier for testing and or replacment.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2015 | Samsung RH29H9000SR RH29H9000SR 29 cu. ft....
Jan 02, 2014 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Dec 16, 2012 | Refrigerators
Jun 28, 2011 | Samsung RFG297AARS (285 cu ft) Bottom...
Mar 20, 2010 | AEG Santo 7085 KG Side by Side...
Feb 14, 2010 | GE Profile Performance 25.2 cu. ft....
Jul 09, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Aug 28, 2007 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!