Question about Haier HSL04WNBSS Compact Refrigerator

1 Answer

A workman screwed into a waterline on the wall backing the fridge. The fridge subsequently quit working. We think a fuse or something must have been blown and have unplugged a part from the fridge, numbers on it are P6R8MD and OR0502. Could this be our issue and if so can we get this part?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 736 Answers

The P6R8MD/OR0502 is a PTC device .. thats a "Positive Temperature Coeficient Resistor" .. that is, it has a low resistance when cold and a high resistance when hot .. it is used to get the compresser started in the right direction ... it costs about $18 so it would be a good idea to test it before purchasing another .. if you know anyone with an ohm meter then they can test it .. it should read low resistance when at room temperature .. .. if it reads open then its bad .. even without that part i think the compresser will hum for awhile but just wont start .. other things (lights, displays) should work ok even if the part is bad .. check to make sure you dont have a blown circuit breaker in your main power panel .. just plug in a lamp to the same outlet the frig uses to check that .. if the lamp doesnt light then go to your fuse box and look for a circuit breaker out of position .. make sure the power outlet and its wiring were not damaged by the water

if you find that you really do need that part then it is available here

Posted on Oct 04, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Replacing water line on back of fridge

make sure that the brittle pipe you refer to is not the automatic defrost drain pipe that ends in a dish above the compressor...

Mar 25, 2017 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Automatic ice maker not receiving water to make ice. Checked and clean line from water supply valve to refrigerator. Checked ice maker and all seems well/normal.

first thing to check is the waterline going into the fridge, unhook the waterline and see if water is coming out. make sure you locate the shutoff before you take it apart!! if you have water going to the fridge then you could have a frozen line issue or an ice maker issue. more than likely the saddle valve got clogged up with something. close the saddle vale all the way then open it back up and test it then.

Aug 04, 2013 | Admiral 26 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...

1 Answer

Even though I connected the waterline,there is no water in the ice maker. the icemaker keeps turning to dispose the ice it does not have. Thinking that the end of waterline was frozen, I unplugged the frig...


TIMOTHY DO 714-334-1998

Aug 04, 2010 | Kenmore 64802 Top Freezer Refrigerator

1 Answer

Miela fridge freezer freezes food in the fridge

Most likely reason is fridge evaporator sensor faulty. The sensor is screwed to the back wall of the fridge behind bracket next to light and has a green band near the end . The sensor come as a repair kit (part no. 7323301). Just follow instructions in the packet.It is quite straight forward

Jul 24, 2010 | Miele KFN8762SDED Bottom Freezer...

1 Answer

Copper waterline is broken

Hi .. there should be piping connectors at each end of the tubing. I would disconnect those connectors andtake them to the building supply store and get new fittings and a new supply hose. The new hose does not need to be copper,. you do not need to cut the existing fittings off the wall or the fridge, the new fittings, or new hose can connect directly to the old fittings. my tool of choice is a pair of crescent wrenches

May 04, 2010 | Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...

1 Answer

Ice cubes are comming out half fully frozen and the other half comes out as a shell? can we fix it? thanks, wil

This happens when the ice maker does not get the correct amount of water . Replace the water inlet valve on the back of the refrig , where the wall waterline connects to , on the fridge .

Oct 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Refrigerators

2 Answers

Have broken ice maker waterline. Water everywhere. Cant find a waterline that will work can you help me?

For starters turn off the water at the faucet that controls that line. It is most likely behind the fridge, or in the basement where that 1/4 inch line comes up to feed the fridge. The waterline is 1/4" and is available at any hardware store, home depot, lowes.

Aug 15, 2009 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

U-Line Model WCM48

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Most models have the valve located at the back of the machine on the lower left hand side(viewed from the front). You may have to remove the entire back cover via the hex head screws to get at it. (some models have the valve located behind the front toe kick panel.)

First follow the waterline to determine the location of the valve within the fridge. If it is at the front then the toekick panel will have to be removed. If there are no visible screws then it is most likely a clip on style. If there is a knob for temperature setting then the knob may have to be pulled off first.
If there is a smaller cardboard panel at the bottom rear of the fridge remove it and you should see the valve. If not then remove the entire back cover by removing the screws along the rear perimeter of the fridge. The panel may stick to the back of the fridge but gently pull and it will remove. The valve should now be seen and can be disconnected.

Be sure to unplug the machine first and turn off the water supply. There will still be some pressure in the waterline so have a towel ready.

The valve itself is available online, I think the correct one is located at:

Just be sure to verify that it is the right one before ordering.

Jul 30, 2008 | U-Line Refrigerator Ice Maker

1 Answer

How do we access the waterline inside the freezer door?

The waterline comes out the lower door hinge. Unhook from coupler at bottom. Now go to the despencer and carefully take the cover off some have screws under drip plate or clipped which a flathead screw driver works nicely dont scratch finish. With proper water line usualy 1/8 size about 5foot long snake it down to the bottom hinge and rehook up. In some case if the tube gets kinked you may have to remove door to do it it. Usually pretty easy.

Jan 20, 2008 | Amana SXD524VW Side by Side Refrigerator

Not finding what you are looking for?
Haier HSL04WNBSS Compact Refrigerator Logo

627 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Haier Refrigerators Experts

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4654 Answers


Level 1 Expert

14 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15681 Answers

Are you a Haier Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides