Question about Lexmark Photo Printer, Scanner, Copier and Fax
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fax Machine
Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
Turn the printer off.
Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
SOURCE: will not recieve faxes
Hi i'm an ex HP employee
i got this information from HP's website
hope it works out
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
SOURCE: Cannot recieve or send faxes
Check out the Easy Setup Instructions available here. If you can neither send nor receive faxes, you may not have the phone line connected to the correct port, see page 34 of the guide. Also check what receive mode the machine is set for. Pages 42 and 43 explain the different options and how to change the receive mode.
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
Please follow the steps given below to check wheather the error correction is turned off.
You need to disable "Error Correction," please follow the steps given below:
1. Press "Fax Mode."
2. Press "Menu."
3. Press "Up" or "Down" Arrow button repeatedly until "Ringing and Answering" is highlighted.
4. Press "Select."
5. Press "Up" or "Down" Arrow button repeatedly "Error Correction" is highlighted.
6. Press "Right arrow" or "Left arrow" button until "OFF" appears.
7. Press "Select."
Please follow the steps given below to recieve the fax:
1. From the control panel, press "Fax Mode."
2. Press the "Menu" button once.
3. Press up or down arrow repeatedly until "Ringing and Answering" is highlighted.
4. Press "Select."
5. Press up or down arrow repeatedly until "Pick-Up On:" is highlighted.
6. Press left or right arrow to choose an option.
7. Press "Select."
If you want to set a schedule to turn "Auto Answer" "on" or "off:"
1. Press up or down arrow repeatedly until Auto Answer Scheduling is highlighted.
2. Press left or right arrow until "On" appears.
3. Press "Select."
4. Press down arrow button to select the time for "Auto Answer On."
5. Use the keypad to enter the date and time. Press 1 for AM, 2 for PM, or 3 for 24-hour mode.
6. Press down arrow button to select the time for "Auto Answer Off."
7. Repeat step 5.
8. Press "Return" button to save the settings and exit the menu.
9. Make sure the "Fax Auto Answer" light is on.
When the number of rings you set is detected, the printer automatically receives the incoming fax.
To scan a document, please follow the steps given below:
1. Go to "Start," "Programs," Lexmark printer, "Lexmark All-in-One Center."
To see how an image will look after it is scanned, click "Preview Now."
2. Click "Scan," "Send scanned image to."
If scanning an image, choose a graphics program such as "Lexmark Photo Editor," "MS Paint," etc.
If you wish to "Scan to OCR," choose a text program such as "MS Word," "WordPad," etc.
Once the image is scanned, the "Abbyy OCR" software will open automatically.
3. To begin the scanning process, click "Scan Now."
4. To view the additional options, click "See More Scan Settings."
To indicate what type of image is being scanned, select the "Option" next to the type of object you are scanning. Your settings will be optimized for that object type.
To indicate how the scan will be used, select the relevant option from the menu. Your resolution and other settings will be optimized based on your selection.
5. To revert back to the normal All-in-One main page, click "Hide Extra Scan Settings."
6. Under "Display Advanced Scan Settings"; you can see change settings, which will affect the outcome of your scan.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2010 | Panasonic Panafax UF-890 Plain Paper Laser...
Sep 30, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 03, 2009 | Canon FAX JX200 - Fax / copier - ink-jet...
Mar 23, 2009 | HP 1040 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Aug 03, 2007 | Panasonic KX-FP85 Plain Paper Thermal...
Jul 20, 2007 | Panasonic Panafax UF-560 Plain Paper Laser...
12 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: