Intake/drain light flashes, and the diswasher won't start.
I've used my dishwasher about 2 times in the last 3 years (I don't cook). Now, when I try to use it, the Intake/Drain light flashes and it won't start. I have taken off the drain pipes and they are clear, and I have taken out the drain inside and replaced it. Still doesn't work - the lights just flash. What should I do next?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your dishwasher is a sophisticated device that registered most failures. The End of cycle LED flashes if there are alarms memorized. So, count how many times the End of cycle LED flashes.
One flash - i10, the problem with water intake
Two flashes - i20, a problem wit drain water
Three flashes - i30, activated anti-flooding device
..... and so on
I had the same flashing light problem first the normal wash flashing light then the others. I tried shuting of the breakers but nothing. I tried resetting the panel by pushing normal wash and heated dry simultaneously and nothing. So I took the six screws holding the front panel out and unplugged the ribbon type wires and plug and unplugged it several times to help make a better contact and I was able to get it to work right away. This may not work for all but I worked for me. It is very easy to do and it's worth a try if you're having the same problem. It took me less then 10 minutes. I had the problem for several days and could not use the dishwasher not mater what tried until I did what I described above. Now I have to see how long it lasts.
When this happens with my dishwasher it usually means that the drain is clogged with food/debris. To fix
1) remove bottom dish rack from machine
2) using a small cup, scoop out as much water as possible
3) remove inlet drain cover and unsnap the plastic insert and remove
4) rinse the plastic part and reinstall
5) start machine
6) if light still flashes, repeat steps 3 4 and 5 and restart
My G892SC is almost 10 years old and recently had the same problem. The machine seemed to be stuck in the drain cycle and the intake/drain light flashed. I called Miele and ran through a few diagnostic tests but nothing worked. I had a Miele certified technician come out to look at the problem and he told me the drain pump needed to be replaced and that it would cost about $500 for the part and labor. While researching the cost of a new dishwasher, I stumbled on some online discussions about this problem and someone suggested pressing all 4 lower buttons on the control panel at the same time. I tried it last night and it worked! I only ran the wash & hold cycle but will try a full cycle tonight.
1. Unscrew air gap which is on the counter-top next to sink. 2. Unscrew drain clamp under the sink which s connected to the air gap. 3. Use a wire hanger to push down debris clogging the drain. 4. Screw clamp and air gap back in place. 5. The dishwasher should work. Routinely clean out air gap every half year.