Question about T-Mobile MDA
My phone will not charge what may be the problem
I had a problem with charging my MDA using a usb cable connected to a computer. And I used a different adapter to charge it and nothing worked so I used an adapter from my SDA to charge the MDA and it worked my sda adapter is hardly used so try using the adapter that comes with the phone if not try another soloution.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
If the unit is not new have you checked the status of the battery and is it a manufacturer's battery - some units are quite sensitive to that.
The problem may also be with the charger
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
First of all, be aware that the MDA can NOT charge unless the OS is fully loaded. If for whatever reason your battery gets fully depleted, you have to do the following (it involves ruining a 5 $ cable and doing some surgery):
- first, go out and buy a new USB-to-mini-USB cable, unless you have 2 already (or one and the original charger)
- take out the battery
- take the USB-to-mini-USB cable, cut off the mini-USB plug and expose the four wires
- strip the red (+) and black (-) wire and twist the copper ends of each wire now CAREFULLY attach the right wire to the right connector on the battery and tape it there so it stays firmly on
- put the cable in your (running) PC or put the charger in the wall socket let the battery recharge for an hour or so, then put it back in the Wizard and reboot
- now when it is fully rebooted, you need the second cable to charge your Wizard completely, the way you're used to.
Worked for me! I've kept the ruined cable, just in case it happens again.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
SOURCE: Broken USB Port on T-Mobile MDA
Use a T-6 Torx driver to remove the four screws and use a fine point soldering iron. Takes about 30 minutes to do it slow and carefully.
Posted on May 19, 2008
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2010 | T-Mobile MDA
Jul 19, 2008 | T-Mobile MDA
Jan 16, 2008 | T-Mobile MDA
Dec 30, 2007 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone
Sep 11, 2017 | T-Mobile MDA
Dec 04, 2013 | T-Mobile MDA
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!