I put my younger son's sim card in the Ericsson W300 when my older son got a new phone. Getting message: phone lock code. 0000 does not work. My older son states he did not put a phone lock code on his sim, and neither did my younger son. What can I do?
i put a phone lock code on my phone and cant remember wat it is!!
so now my phone is locked and i cant use it
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
probably because there is a sim lock on the phone preventing u from adding a new sim, if this is the default then u could go to the sim lock area of the phone, & change this by entering the code, if its the first time the default code is either 0000 or 1234, if u bought the phone off someone else u can contact them for the phone, or do a factory reset on the phone & start from scratch, also if the sim is not brand new then it could be protected with a code, or it may not of been activated by the date & has now run out.
You can stop unauthorized use of your J108a phone by activating phone lock protection.
After activating, you will be asked to enter your phone lock code every time you restart the phone.
The default phone lock code is 0000 (zero-zero-zero-zero). It is recommended that you change this to any four-to-eight-digit personal code.
Note: It is important that you remember your new code. If you forget it, you need to take your phone to your local Sony Ericsson retailer.
To activate the phone lock:
1. Select Menu > Settings > General > PIN codes > Phone protection > Protection. 2. Select 'On' if you want to enter a lock code every time you start the phone, or select 'Automatic' if you want the code to be entered only when the phone restarts after a new SIM card is inserted. 3. Enter the phone lock code (0000 by default) and select OK.
To unlock the phone:
• When 'Phone locked' appears, enter your phone lock code and select OK.
To change the phone lock code:
1. Select Menu > Settings > General > PIN codes > Phone protection > Change code. 2. Enter the old code and select OK. 3. Enter the new code and select OK. 4. Repeat the code and select OK.
This solution was taken from Sony Ericsson J108a user guide which can be downloaded at:
Phone lock code is totally different from a PIN or a PUK.
The default Phone lock code for most of the sony Ericsson is "0000" (Four Zeroes)
If you are looking for a phone lock you can try putting the above code. If you have mistyped the PIN and then the PUK then the SIM card itself is corrupted and in that case you will have to replace the card.
I think i may have a solution for u. It sounds like a Phonelock code...all Cellphones have one. Its in the software for the phones. Its a little like a SIM code. U could try with entering the code 0000. That could work!!