Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microhood blowing house fuse

My kenmore microhood blows my house fuse. I plugged it in to a different outlet and it blew it to.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 1,922 Answers

Normally it should blow the units internal fuse first if its an internal issue, first check the line cord thoroughly for any bare wires at the case , then remove outer case asn see if cord is bare anywhere inside, then inspect unit fuse, take a multimeter and take a resistance check in an upper range og the meter of the disconnected h.v. diode, then disconnect h.v. capacitor(DISCHARGE) across terminals before touching and check this part, then lastly it could be the magnetron tube, or the hi voltage transformer, therse are VERY expensive items,you may vie to replace microwave then

Posted on Oct 04, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I blew a fuse and now my dishwasher and oven will not come on. Is there a reset button for these appliances?


Some makes do, but normally you get something on the display. Did one of these appliances blow the fuse? In which case you need to find out what made the fuse blow. Do you have house fuses as opposed to breakers? Disconnect both appliances. Check the fuse or breaker, plug one item at a time. The one that is likely to blow the fuse is the dishwasher because of the water.

Mar 23, 2018 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Oster microwave. Last night we had a pretty big storm, this mourning I tried to use my microwave, No power. I switch plug in outlet ...Nothing happens. How do I get the power back on ?


Depends on what blew, if ti is a power surge is will blow out the low voltage transformer on the main board before it will blow the fuse in the unit, so Probably will need new main board. Problem will be finding someone who carries parts for Oster Microwvaes.

Oct 05, 2017 | Oster Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blowing breaker


In general house hold circuit breaker of the house is 15 Amps or 20 Amps.

Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.

The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.

To isolate your problem:

1. Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .

2. If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:

2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances

2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)

2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)


Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave blows fuse when turn on


If it is blowing an internal fuse it could be a lot of things.

-short in the motor
-short in one of the other components
- gunk/dust could be causing a short

If it is your house circuit breaker/fuse then either the microwave draws too much current/amps for the circuit and you should try another circuit or you already have too many things/appliances plugged into the same circuit (not necessarily the same outlet) and need to unplug one or more of them so that the 'fuse' doesn't blow.

Kugellager

Nov 07, 2009 | Sharp R-1460 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The oven blew a fuse and now doesn't power on. The electrical outlet is working.


thats a comon fult,,, megertron or capacitor shorts out the fuse blows and wont power up again with a new fuse fitted in the plug,,,,,
there is another fuse inside the microwave likely to be 2 of them and 1 very hight voltage fuse,,, (ei: 1000.s of volts) but there not the same size as 13 amm plug fuses, pluss if you are not to good with microwaves, please dont go inside of it,,, it could and probley will kill you,,be warned
play it safe go out and buy a new one,, think of it this way
how old is the unit now???? and there fairly cheep now from £50 up!!

Oct 21, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The microwave stopped working


Ck your gfci breaker in your wash room or bath room. If this dosn't fix it it may be an internal fuse. If this is the case you will need to find what caused breaker to blow or it will happen again.

Aug 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore Microwave Oven - Elite Series - only about 3 years old, keeps blowing fuses - any advice on what might be the problem? I think the first fuse blew during a power outage, not sure if that...


make sure you have the oven plugged into a designated outlet...what I mean by that is...the outlet your plugging your oven into must be wired right to the fuse box by itself...because the oven will take most of the power from that one fuse for itself...also make sure the fuse is rated for what the oven needs....on the back of the oven, it will tell you how much current it takes...(???Amps), if it says 12 amps for example...the fuse should be 15 amps...if its lower that 12...it will keep blowing....if all of what I said check out then your oven has developed a short circuit...most likely the high voltage diode or magnetron....have it serviced....

Jul 25, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Kenmore over the range microwave 721.63684300 - nothing works


you must remove the MW take off the cover then look for a large metal can (capacitor) and a white (ceramic) fuse...look and, smell and, you should find the cause

Apr 02, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...

1 Answer

Kenmore Microhood not working


I think it may be an internal fuse or a fusible link. You also have a series of contacts and switches inside that are set in place by the mfr. for safety. You could get it repaired for 50-75 dollars or a new one for 125-150 dollars. If you have checked the internal fuse, then just get a new one if the other one is older than 3-4 years.

Jan 11, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a sanyo em-s8500s microwave. one day it just stopped working. we tried it on all the working outlets in the house. no good. so we exchanged it and the new one out of the box had the exact same...


Have you tested the outlet the Microwave was first plugged into? Did you also plug the new replacement("out of the box") Microwave into that same outlet? If so, I would suspect a problem with That Outlet. It's Blowing the Microwave Line Fuse (fuse inside Microwave).

Feb 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

146 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

79847 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...