I connected my EyeTV to an A/V cable source from an Xbox 360. At first the video actually came up on the EyeTV. However, the picture froze and ever since, whenever I turn on eyetv to play my game console all I get is a black screen.
In addition to that problem, when I connect the eyetv to my tv cable I can receive a list of available channels but I can't pick up any kind of signal for any channel.
Maybe these two types of problems are related. Basically, I can't get any picture on my eyeTV even after configuring the video, turning on and off game mode, etc.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That would actually be a "Line" connection. Or "Link". You will have to use a cat5 cord, and connect it to your internet source. (NOTE) just because logic says you can connect a laptop or pc to your Xbox360, simply because they use the same cords, doesn't mean it works that way. You can however use your laptop as a "Media server" in direct connection. This only allows you to transfer music and movies from your laptop to the 360. Not an internet pass through. Sorry.
For an HDMI connection with your Xbox 360, try these settings:
1) Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
2) Go to Settings and select System.
3) Select Console Settings, and then select Audio.
4) Select Digital Output, and then select Digital StereoMy Elgato Game Capture HD doesn
There are several solutions to your problem .
1. Run Ethernet Cable from an attic & drop either end down in the walls of the two rooms . Hardwiring is always going to give you the fastest , most stable connection .
2. Purchase a set of Power Over Ethernet Modules , you then plug your ethernet cable into your Xbox 360 on one end & the Power Over Ethernet Adapter on the other end , then plug the " POE " Adapter into a standard electrical socket . You will do the exact same thing on the other end with the Router this time . It should connect just as if you ran a single ethernet cable between the 2 devices .
3. You can use a laptop or desktop pc with a Wifi connection & Ethernet port to Wifi Tether / Share your Internet Connection . Just do a google search on Wifi Tether Xbox 360 or check out some of the videos at
1.Simply connect your xbox 360 to the internet with the Ethernet cable. Go from the xbox 360 to a router or directly to your internet source; internet modem or internet cable if you have fiber optic internet connection. 2. Turn on your xbox 360 and go to the xbox live tab. 3. Go wher it says Join and follow instructions. You can put your credit card info. or buy a prepaid xbox live card
Sounds like you have an incorrect output signal from the Xbox or a fried chipset in the Xbox. Test the Xbox on another TV or monitor, test another video source on that same connection, if both of those fail, replace the Xbox. Hope it helps!