Question about Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
I went to print a Christmas letter....I had a paper jam------
I took out 2 sheets of wrinkled-up paper.
Then,it said: "Take out the drum"---I did...one sheet behind the drum....
I put the drum (the cartridge)back in the printer.
Trouble: The printer window said: "Back cover open....Close the back cover".
All doors are shut! None are open.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Jul 20, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
As the following paper may cause problems in the printer, do not use them:
- Thick paper: Paper heavier than 105 gm2 (28 lb) (corrugated paper, etc.)
- Thin paper: Paper lighter than 64 gm2 (17 lb) (tracing paper, thin letter paper, etc.)
- Paper with no rigidity
- Folded, wrinkled, or torn paper
- Wet or soiled paper
- Paper smaller than 54 mm (W) x 86 mm (H) (2.13" x 3.39") (sheet feeder)
- Paper smaller than 89 mm (W) x 127 mm (H) (3.50" x 5.00") (cassette)
- Non-rectangular paper
- Paper with adhesives
- Paper with holes (However, loose leaf can be used in the sheet feeder only.)
- Paper in bound form (such as a notebook)
- Photo postcards or postcard with image seals
- Non-empty envelopes
- Envelopes with double flaps or flaps with adhesive
- Embossed or coated paper, post cards, and envelopes
- Newspaper, flyers, tissue paper, etc.
- Media other than paper, such as cloth and plastic
- Folded reply post cards
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Dec 08, 2009 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 18, 2009 | HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
Jul 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 29, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
May 06, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 22, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: