Question about Canon imageCLASS MF5550 All-In-One Laser Printer
Well sorry to say but there is no driver for your printer (Vista).... But there is a way to do... please follow the below steps -
1) Uninstall your old Canon MF5550 driver.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Download the Canon MF5550 driver Windows XP version.
4) Open your Vista Control Panel, then click on PROGRAMS (not on Uninstall or something else...)
5) bellow "Programs & Features", click on "use an older program with this version of Windows". Follow the wizard.
6) Locate the program manually. (If you need to search the folder where you downloaded your Canon driver, just go to search file on C. It will probably download on your desktop or Downloads)
7) Open the MF5550 Folder where you downloaded the driver, and click on the setup.exe file.
8) Choose on the next screen Windows XP
9) If you need to change the display settings, go ahead. But I didn't change anything. I just clicked NEXT.
10) Fill in the box: RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR and click NEXT.
11) Click Next again and let Windows Vista do its job.
12) If it worked... just click yes and finish. If it didn't, click NO and run it again.
Hope this helps.....
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1000 Printer
Sep 02, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 22, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 29, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1000 Printer
May 17, 2008 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 21, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 19, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Dec 21, 2007 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2007 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: