Question about Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw with LaserTrac and 5 Bonus Blades
How do you remove the old blade to put on a new one?
1. Unplug the saw.
2. Locate the blade lock button used to lock the motor shaft when changing a blade. For your saw, this button is usually located on the left side of the blade guard somewhere around the motor housing.
3. Push the button while rotating the blade until the button engages and the blade will no longer turn.
4. Use the wrench that came with the saw (or another wrench) to loosen and remove the blade bolt. For your saw the bolt should have standard right hand threads which means you loosen the bolt by turning it counter clock-wise.
5. Remove the old blade and replace it with a new blade of the same mounting type. Some blades have a round through hole and some blades have a diamond through hole.
6. Re-install the blade bolt and tighten clock-wise while holding the blade lock button down.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2015 | 2005 Nissan Maxima
Mar 07, 2012 | Dewalt Saws
Aug 24, 2011 | Toro Garden
Jul 11, 2011 | Garden
Jul 06, 2011 | Garden
Apr 23, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Avalon
Jul 07, 2010 | 2005 Subaru Outback
May 09, 2009 | Lexus IS 350 Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2009 | Saws
Mar 24, 2009 | Dewalt D24000S Wet Saw With Stand
980 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: