Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
I buy this psp from singapore 3 years ago.now i have installed offcial firmware 5.2.how i play cso/iso games?
i lived in mumbai , india.i was go to shop but they said that the firmware is only installed from singapore not from here.but i installed the india firmware 5.2 from net and the problem occours.
is this any diiference in firmware from india and other citys.?
plz sir help me how can i recover this problem.?
is the use of pendora battery and magic memory stick to solve this?how? and where can ill gate it?whats the cost?
plz give me the answer as soon as possible.
The difference between Official Sony Firmware and Custom Firmware is that Official firmware will only run games on discs in the UMD slot, while Custom firmware will allow you to back up games you already own and run them from the
memory stick. Running games from the memory stick as an ISO is much faster than from the disc, and it only took Sony years and years to realize this and implement it on the new psp-go model.
Shops that sell PSP's will be forbidden to provide you with Custom firmware because many people think this is only for stealing games, not for running 'homebrew' applications written by enthusiasts or backing up games you already own in case you scratch or destroy your umd disk.
Yes, you will need a service or pandora battery to reload custom firmware into your psp.
You can create a pandora battery and the 'magic' memory stick from any psp already running custom firmware. You can also buy them online, and if you look in the local classified ads website for where you live, you can probably find people offering that downgrading service.
I cannot run through the steps here to create your own, but tutorials are all over the net and sites like youtube.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 05, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 29, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Apr 09, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Mar 21, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Aug 26, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: