I have remove mmc card while starting up the first time
i switch it on, and now it is just show white screen and
no button makes anything. just the noice of pressing the
Is the problem with the mmc??
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: it does nothing
Yes. You should never remove the card while it's on - certainly not while it's starting up. I'm almost certain it was writing something to the card when you removed it, and now the data on it is corrupted. You'll have to either replace the card, or contact Ectaco to have them reprogram it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i have almost the same problem. only i come to that comnnmercial page wehere they want to sell you britannica online, i say NO THANKS and then comes a page saying Thank You for registering your product. this page here https://safe1.britannica.com/cdreg/nothanks.do
this means to me: regiostration complete, as there is no further option.
only the stupid software doesnt recognize it.
WHENEVER i click UPDATES, it sends me to registration over and over and over ...
are they trying to betray me in delaying regostration to 2013 and then saying :; sorry, you have vs. 2012, you cannot update anymore, buy 2013 ... ?
it looks like, because noone can make such a stupid script. that smells like intention.
however : does anynone know how to sucessfully do the updates with britannica ultimate reference suite 2012 ?
First, make sure the batteries are in the correct orientation and that there is no corrosion in the battery compartment. Then hold the CLEAR button and press the ON button. If that doesn't do it, straighten a paper clip and gently press the reset button located on the back in a pin-sized hole below the book card slot.
You will need to get this refurbished by the company. This product has had issues before with not reading the batteries right. This product is actually a step down for the E500 i never understood that.
Hey guys, i have also got same problem.. it seems to be manufacturing defect. i have requested one my friend who went to japan. I got fixed it for free, though it is not under warranty.. Japanese guys would fix it for free if it is known manufacturing defect.. Got it back couple of days back.. its working fine. at last problem solved after two years..
Please check if the batteries are placed in the right order. The +ve symbol on the battery should be placed across the +ve symbol on the battery space of the translator. Likewise the -ve symbol should match with the -ve symbol on the device. Try placing the batteries so that they match with the symbols specified on the translator's battery area and switch on the device.
If the screen performs eratically, then the only way is resetting the bookman, here is the exact procedure for resetting the Bookman,
Follow these exact steps for performing the soft reset:
1)First Press the clear button and press the ON/OFF button twice..
If this soft reset procedure doesnt work, then try hard reset..
Warning: Doing a hard reset will delete all the setting saved by you..
Here is the procedure for performing hard reset..
1)Hold CLEAR and ON/OFF button for 5-10 seconds, this should perform a hard reset, if you still have issue, follow the next step
2)Use paperclip and gently press the RESET button,
Reset button is present in a pin hole sized block present at the backside of the bookman
Any of the following procedure should solve your issue
Please leave me comment, if you need further assistance
1. Hold CLEAR and press the on/off button(shaped like a circle). If nothing happens, try step 2. 2. Use a paper clip to gently press the reset button on your unit. The reset button is recessed in a pin-sized hole to the right of the book card slot. WARNING! Pressing the reset button with more than light pressure may permanently disable your product. In addition, resetting product erases settings and information entered in its built-in book, and in an installed bookcard.
If all else fails, replace the batteries with 2 new CR2032 batteries. I had a similar problem, and it was caused by dead batteries.
1. Press the "time" icon just below the screen until the date and time shows up (not the count down screen) 2. Press the "edit" button (same as the "new" button) 3. Use the number portion (to the right of the screen) to enter the information. 4. To change the am/pm setting, use the "am/pm" button (same as the letter "B") to toggle between the two. 5. Hit "OK" after correct information is set. 5. Screen info should show exactly what you put in with the corresponding day of the week.
Good luck on fixing your Electrodex. I have three of them and all have problems mostly due to keys that no longer respond. I was able to open mine up fairly easily by removing the single screw on the bottom. Judging by the date on your letter, you have probably resolved your problems one way or another by this time. I found that the button contacts basically disintegrated and were beyond repair. If you have a solution and a fix, would appreciate hearing from you.