Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Follow the steps below to reset and reconfiure the router:
At the back of the router you will find a small tiny hole (which has a small button inside it). Press the button with the help of a paper clip. Press it and hold it from 30 seconds and after 30 seconds without releasing the reset button take out the power cable from the router and wait for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, without releasing the reset button plug the power cable back to the router and keep holding the reset button for another 30 seconds. Now, release the button and take out the power cable wait for 5 seconds then plug it back.
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
4. Access the router usually by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
5. Login to the router (username = admin password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and click next.
8. It should give you a "PPPoA Detected" and then click next.
9. Enter the login and password of ISP click apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'router Status' and click on 'connection status' button(at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Check the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2014 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
May 16, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Apr 09, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 05, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 10, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Nov 04, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Sep 25, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Mar 29, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!